Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, In the hand book it says the SF V4 comes with a lithium battery, mine doesn't?
I assume this is another mistake in the handbook?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe dealer installed incorrect battery? Makes me want to double check mine later today. I have a lithium battery charger plugged into the pigtail... so hope it is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It could be that the V4S has the lithium battery due to the dynamic suspension, and the handbook is a one-all print.

I remember when I got my SF848 the handbook said it had a quick shifter, but it didn't on mine, or most of the 848's.

Can someone with a V4S let us know if your battery is lithium?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well damn, I'm completely wrong then. Have you asked your dealer? I'm curious now

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll try checking mine today or tomorrow and report back

Where'd you find the part number on it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mate... great post. I went and checked mine as well. It has the same Yuasa YT7B-BS that the manual says, which IS indeed a standard AGM battery type(Although as you stated, the manual refers to it as “lithium ion”.

I recently purchased a nice battery tender Trickle charger that you can switch from AGM to Lithium. The dealer pre-installs the little pigtails on the battery, so i simply plugged it in..and I have had it set to “lithium” since I brought the bike home a week ago Based on what the manual said. I hope it didn’t cause any damage.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Lithium batteries peak charge at a higher voltage then lead acid AGM batteries do. Lithium batteries also have a higher resting voltage then AGM batteries. That's why they need specific chargers. It's good that you found your charger setting mistake early. It's hard to say if you did any damage to the battery. Probably not but it's one of those cross your fingers and just hope not situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rdaglock

·
Registered
SFV4s - 21
15 Posts
Mate... great post. I went and checked mine as well. It has the same Yuasa YT7B-BS that the manual says, which IS indeed a standard AGM battery type(Although as you stated, the manual refers to it as “lithium ion”.

I recently purchased a nice battery tender Trickle charger that you can switch from AGM to Lithium. The dealer pre-installs the little pigtails on the battery, so i simply plugged it in..and I have had it set to “lithium” since I brought the bike home a week ago Based on what the manual said. I hope it didn’t cause any damage.
where about is the quick connect on the bike? Thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
100% lead acid battery. I swapped to Shorai a month or so in and saved about 4 pounds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts