Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Shorai lithium battery for my 1999 996. 2 lbs 5oz versus the 11lb stock battery and supposedly much stronger cranking power!

But I've got a problem holding it in place as the stock clamp which secured the top edge of the battery won't fit on the top of the lithium battery?

I've made the foam "platform" to get the battery in the correct position, but how do I secure the battery in place?

Is there an aftermarket clamp that will secure it?

Or have I been sold the incorrect battery?

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,910 Posts
I moved your post from the Hall of Wisdom to the Superbike forum and if you are wondering why:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall...o-not-post-here-before-reading-means-you.html
We reserve the Hall of Wisdom area for projects that have been completed and include instructions and photos on how the project was done.
Your post may not appear immediately after posting because all post are approved by the moderators first.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
You obviously never had an Erector Set....and oh by the way, you need something securing the bottom in too if you plan to use a Z bracket, unless you glued all that foam to the battery and the bike, that might work. See the original picture.

Also, covered in threads before a few times.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,189 Posts
It's not rocket science

Attachments

Reactions: Nikk11

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Late (2002) 748 has a platform that attaches to your battery tray to accommodate a smaller battery. Doesn't cost much and looks much nicer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts