Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
A member here has installed an ST2 or 3 motor in a superlight.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Howdo!!!!!
I've fitted an ST3 motor in my 1994 Superlight. Brought a damaged ST3 and used the engine, wiring harness, clocks. Still a few things to do to finish off. But very happy with the results :D.
Your could use an ST2 or 3 motor. As for using the 900IE wiring harness?? It won't have the sensors for the water temp. I have altered the ST3 wiring harness to fit my Superlight.

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wiring

I checked the pic and you still used the oil cool lines -- was that a pre pic before the 944 ? Did i miss something -- fighting a nasty cold here

·
Registered
463 Posts
Howdo!!
Yep theres some pics on here of the bike with the 944 kit and monster oil lines. With the ST3 engine I have fitted a modded oil cooler in the head light fairing with new black n stainless lines. The radiatior expansion tank sits in there as well as the reg/rectifier.
Loom wise I have extended the positive & negative lines to under the seat to the PC310 & Power commander. Also extended main loom to the headlight loom (which I need to shorten, just to get the connecting plug in the right place and not foul anything) Changed for the main beam,indicators,ignition key. Was a major pain the arse. Still need to tidy up some of the soldered connections - winter job.
Gonna stick some more upto date pics on next week. The Superlight now has 12v Plug (For smoking jacket,gps - the bike even has hazards :D)
Overall the work is paying off the ST3 motor is a blinder!!! The Superlight Flieees!!
Whats your plans??

Cheers Pablo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts