Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I'd like to start making some longer rides this year, but I'm not really keen on investing in a permanent modification like the CA Cycleworks tank.

I can't remember if it was mentioned on here before, but my searches brought me across these guys: http://liquidcontainment.com.au/category/12/Motor-Bike

Anyone on here with any experience using their products, or similar collapsible, reusable, portable fuel bladders? They have a backpack option that looks especially sleek. 3L fuel storage and 2L H20 camelbak style.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
No offense intended, but I can't imagine strapping a few gallons of fuel to my back. I know I'm sitting on several gallons of fuel, but also stand a good chance of separating from the bike in a crash. I've crashed my mountain bike before and ended up soaking wet from the camelbak. Being soaked in gasoline just seems like a guaranteed trip to the burn unit... assuming you survive. Perhaps take another look at the CA Cycleworks tank or look for an external tank to add.

I'm going to be taking a long trip out west on my Multi this year. I'm going to carry an MSR can filled with gasoline. It is intended to be used for cooking, but can be used in the bike if needed. It isn't the most convenient method since you would have to stop and add it, but would give you confidence in going past that gas station that is at the 85 mile mark knowing the next isn't until 120. Can you make it? Probably. Maybe. With the spare MSR can, running out in the bike's tank isn't the end of the world.

Just my 2c. Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.