Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012 Corse 848EVO SE

Alright so brand new bike (150 miles so far and enjoyed every second of them) though I have run into two interesting things that occur.

Twice now I have parked the bike, flipped the key to LOCK and then removed the key but the lights stayed on. Can't figure out what causes this to happen but to fix its just a simple start to put the key in the ignition and they will kick right off.

Luckily someone pointed this out to me a few minutes ago or I would have come back to a dead battery... surely this can't be normal and if there is no key in the ignition they lights should not be on at least that was how my cbr was. I tried fidgeting with any and every "button" (brights, etc.) but nothing happened the lights just stayed on until i used the key.

Second I have a weird thing that occasionally occurs when shifting from 2-3 with DQS on. It typically occurs when I am slightly heavier on the acceleration but when I tap up with my foot it will start to shift but then fall back into second gear and I will then have to try again (usually just reverting to a clutch up-shift). This doesn't happen with any other gears (well I've had it accidentally end up in neutral when going from 1-2 once which to me seems odd if this is a computer controlled shift why would neutral be an option) but yea this is a peculiar issue that I would love to figure out and prevent from happening.

I know ill end up mentioning these things at the 600 mile maintenance but if I am doing something wrong I would rather not say anything

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: stupid me it was the parking setting. if only that was the stupidest thing i did today, oh well 1 problem solved :D

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
As far as the lights staying on...are you turning the key past the Lock position to the Park position? If so, then the lights stay on. If not, then don't know why it's happening (take it to the dealer to fix).

The shifting issue sounds like it needs some fine tuning/adjustment to sort out.

Good luck,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as the lights staying on...are you turning the key past the Lock position to the Park position? If so, then the lights stay on. If not, then don't know why it's happening (take it to the dealer to fix).

The shifting issue sounds like it needs some fine tuning/adjustment to sort out.

Good luck,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Ah i didnt realize there was a "park" setting, I will have to go out and play with that though when I say i put the key in and out i didnt turn it at all so it was in the same position before as after.

as far as tweaking/adjusting the DQS i assume that would be something for the dealer to do as well?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have read before that with the Quick Shifters you need to shift like you mean it not just gently bump it up a gear. Also as everything breaks it she'll get smoother.

Congrats on a great bike!
t_bare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts