Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
hallo

my trackbike's(so no lights,blinkers,...) weight is 155kg(341lbs) without fuel
the things i did are light weight supermono fairing,carbon fibre fuel tank,marvic magnesium wheels,alu verlicchi swingarm,small baterry,alu clip-ons,alu feetrests,carbon frontmudguard/clutch cover/chain protection,full akrapovic exhaust systeme

i would like to loose some more weight by using one can under the seat and losing the heavy alternator

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
06 ARC Titanium Rat. Frame and exhaust by Doug Cook. BST wheels, Ti shock spring, ETI fuel cell, etc. Now weighs 309 lbs. Still shooting for under 300. Maybe next winter.
Well, there are lighter swing arms out there, and you could get the magnesium engine covers too. That might get you there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm hoping to get the mag covers, ti engine mount bolts, ti swinarm pivot, and other small items. I'm not aware of a lighter swingarm. Dougs Ti swingarm actually weighed more I think. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My exhaust is really heavy. The muffler weighs 8.8 lbs.
The bike is at a fab shop right now, having a tailight/signal mount being made. I'm putting lights from Baja Designs on it. While there the guy is going to see if he can shorten the muffler by an 1 1/2". I thought about putting a carbon Honda 1000rr muffler on it.
The weight is with a dry tank but all other fluids in it.
Mike

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I'm hoping to get the mag covers, ti engine mount bolts, ti swinarm pivot, and other small items. I'm not aware of a lighter swingarm. Dougs Ti swingarm actually weighed more I think. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My exhaust is really heavy. The muffler weighs 8.8 lbs.
The bike is at a fab shop right now, having a tailight/signal mount being made. I'm putting lights from Baja Designs on it. While there the guy is going to see if he can shorten the muffler by an 1 1/2". I thought about putting a carbon Honda 1000rr muffler on it.
The weight is with a dry tank but all other fluids in it.
Mike
There are two swing arms that are lighter. The JMC
http://www.swingarm.com/
and Metmachex.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Changing out the rotor to something lighter would make a more noticable difference than the swingarm, mag covers, muffler and Ti bolts ( but you probably already know this since you are only running one rotor).

Two of these rotors felt lighter than running a single iron rotor.

BRAKETECH "CMC" Front Rotor: 2 & 4 Pad

I can get you just the Carbon ceramic blade so it will be slightly less expensive...:)

We going with one of these on our M696 project...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had planned on installing a ceramic rotor last winter but never got around to it. How much of a savings in $ would it be to purchase only the blade?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. My original Duzilla from Bruce Meyers which has gone through even more iterations since his creation is down to 140 kg wet. Now this is a race ready NOT street bike so that is not fair to this thread. Many a Spanish, British and Portuguese riders thought it was a 1000 or tuned 900 not a 795. :):)

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
140 kg (308.6 lbs) wet is hard to believe. My track SS is 317 lbs.with no fuel, and I can't think of many ways to remove more weight!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Liposuction and a CF helmet. Don't wear socks or underwear. Shave your head. Keep your nails trimmed short. Don't carry change. Clean your wallet. Contacts instead of glasses. No jewelry. Helium in your tires. Eat lots of fiber.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts