Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just installed a upgraded H4 Xenon bulb in my Hyper, and you will have to remove the front fender to get to the headlight, and I could not help but notice how heavy the fender was, at the tip of the fender is a black insert that is held by (6) screws, I thought that it may have been some type of reinforcement, but its not, its just to make the "nostrils" black? and its kinda heavy, and if fact if you do a lot of wheelies in can add extra stress on the fender to maybe even crack it, so I took it off and just replaced the fender, and guess what with the "nostrils" open, it looks like the front of the bike will now get extra "cooling"I'm going to ride it around like this, and if I like it I will trim off the plastic nut holders to clean up the look, what do you guys think? Aloha Alex

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's how they ran the Pikes Peak bikes.:think:
Aren't you gonna post some pics so I don't have to strain my imagination.:D

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geezzz, guys, by the time I took pictures of the fender and try to figure out on how to post it, you will have taken your insert out already, its 5 or 6 screws, :cool: so go look at your bike already.....i'll be waiting, with LOVE, :) Alex

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Geezzz, guys, by the time I took pictures of the fender and try to figure out on how to post it, you will have taken your insert out already, its 5 or 6 screws, :cool: so go look at your bike already.....i'll be waiting, with LOVE, :) Alex
My bike is at my shop, and I clearly stated that I don't want to strain my imagination!:D
Guess I'll have to wait till' tomorrow.;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I like it I will trim off the plastic nut holders to clean up the look, what do you guys think? Aloha Alex
I'll tell you what I think!!!! Zenon light my ass...I think you are copying me, because you loved how my bike looked at Buttonwillow without that silly nostrilator or whatever its called...you better not do the electrical tape thing around the rim like I did on mine...and you had better not do a WING...:mad:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Isn't the barometric sensor in there somewhere? If it is, perhaps that part is to provide "still" air. I never had mine off, all you have to do to change the headlight bulb is remove the two bolts on each side of the cluster and pivot the whole beak forward.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll tell you what I think!!!! Zenon light my ass...I think you are copying me, because you loved how my bike looked at Buttonwillow without that silly nostrilator or whatever its called...you better not do the electrical tape thing around the rim like I did on mine...and you had better not do a WING...:mad:
No sh*t, I remember the black tape & wing thing, but didn't realize you had removed the "insert" did you remove the plastic tab nut holders?
PS: your bike may be prettier than mine but my bike IS FASTER!! :D

Isn't the barometric sensor in there somewhere? If it is, perhaps that part is to provide "still" air. I never had mine off, all you have to do to change the headlight bulb is remove the two bolts on each side of the cluster and pivot the whole beak forward.
No sensor, just a stupid piece of heavy plastic

·
Registered
865 Posts
PS: your bike may be prettier than mine but my bike IS FASTER!! :D
I have yet to see documented evidence of a 102 HP dynorun my fine feathered friend. Unless proof is provided this is all conjecture and pockling out the side of one's neck...;)

P.S.S. Please clean you damn bike! The Hyper is a beautiful bike that needs to be kept clean and shiny...That rear rim, swingarm,motor and area around the sprocket has enough spooge and gunk to make it look like an unkempt oil barfing Norton (victory)...:D

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have yet to see documented evidence of a 102 HP dynorun my fine feathered friend. Unless proof is provided this is all conjecture and pockling out the side of one's neck...;)

P.S.S. Please clean you damn bike! The Hyper is a beautiful bike that needs to be kept clean and shiny...That rear rim, swingarm,motor and area around the sprocket has enough spooge and gunk to make it look like an unkempt oil barfing Norton (victory)...:D
Nothing like a well "LUBED" chain.....or anything else! :D Aloha Alex
PS: motor build & dyno runs comming soon, stay tuned

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do you have to remove the whole fender to remove the insert?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts