Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the ambient light sensor located on the 1198's? I'd like to cover it up so I can see my dash cluster during daylight. Anybody done this? Did a search but maybe my search skills are off. Also looked in a 1098 service manual but couldn't find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
According to the 1198 workshop manual:

The instrument panel backlighting is always activated at key-ON. The instrument panel is equipped with internal sensors that detect the ambient light level and at night reduces the maximum backlighting level by 20% to prevent glare.

So that would mean covering it will reduce the light rather than switch it on...
The manual I have is 2009, so maybe its different on other years.

The manual doesn't specify any location of the sensors, except that they are internal in the dash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The local ducati dealer says there's no ambient light sensor to adjust the backlighting intensity of the dash (as found on the 999). I haven't found anything in the manual about it. I have a smoked windshield and it's very hard to see during the day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts