Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

license plate light fixture?

2468 7
Hi All,

I was tinkering with my 749 Dark last night, and I realized that the hideous licence plate holder had to go. The funny thing is, Ducati has put TWO license plate lights on the bike, but the upper one that is attached to the tail light is nonfunctional, and the added setup is simply wired to it.

Luckily, the upper and lower share the same lens, so that isn't a problem. But the bulb holding fixture is different enough to prevent exchanging them.

Anyone have any ideas on how to add a bulb fixture? Or... anyone have a good way to add LEDs to a couple of female spade terminals?

Because after that, there are two bolts that hold the tail lights in that could serve as nice place to bolt down an easily fabricated bracket for the plate, and it should look really clean and simple.

Any ideas?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
kabinski said:
In case you don't know about this one... http://www.evoluzione.net/

Look for the "license plate relocator bracket". It comes with it's own license plate bulb and wires.
Yup, that's the one I have... However the bulb they provide sucks! It's too small to be of any real value in lighting up your plate, and mine was broken when I bought it. Also, the mounting assembly for the light requires some grinding of the housing to get it fit! I really don't like the set up. The plate bracket is fine, and I plan on wiring a three LED setup to the back of the light housing to illuminate my plate; just haven’t got around to it yet. When I get it done I'll post pics.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I received one of these for Christmas. I just haven't installed it yet, but you evidently use all your existing parts and just relocate them. Personally, I don't ride at night so I am not going to bother relocating the lower light if I can remove it without cutting wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.