Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Getting a SF 848 for the wife and was looking at levers. I have the ASV F3 levers on my SF-S but it looks like they don't fit the 848. Anyone know for sure if this is the case? If those don't fit, any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Check with Bob @ ASV, I'm sure they'll be making them shortly if not already.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Unfortunately those wouldn't work. She wants a set of shorty levers, similar to the ASV's. All I've been able to find is some Chinese levers on eBay.

They are available in a short version ( the standard version is a hair shorter than stock) - but not super short so you have a more difficult clutch pull

-M

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed Bob at ASV and he got back to me a bit later. I happened to be at the Ducati dealer getting my fork seals replaced when he wrote me back the following message:
"Gus-

Sorry I missed your call.

Her bike should use the same levers as your 1098. If you want to email me some pictures of her levers and master cylinders I will confirm. Her master cylinders on the bars where the levers mount should look exactly like yours.

Thanks"​

Had access to both bikes (and plenty of time while I was there waiting) so I took some pictures of a SF 848 and SF 1098 and sent them to him. Here's what he wrote back:

"Gus,

YES! They are the same! Thanks for doing that! I will update our applications charts!

Thanks,

Bob"​

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I might rethink the shorties. The decrease in "leverage" (haha) will increase the effort required.
That clutch pull will be a bitch.
Thinkin' the same thing...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I might rethink the shorties. The decrease in "leverage" (haha) will increase the effort required.
That clutch pull will be a bitch.
She rode the SF 848 and also rode a Monster 1100 EVO. Of the 2 she thought the clutch pull of the Monster actually required more effort. I don't think that it'll be an issue for her on the 848 really. She's tried mine and was fine with it. We'll see.

·
Bon Vivant
11,567 Posts
She rode the SF 848 and also rode a Monster 1100 EVO. Of the 2 she thought the clutch pull of the Monster actually required more effort. I don't think that it'll be an issue for her on the 848 really. She's tried mine and was fine with it. We'll see.

That's fine but personally I'd never use shorties on a Ducati and I'm a pretty big guy.
Sure riding an hour or two is no problem but after 300 miles in the canyons and 7 hours in the saddle, riding through town on the way home can be agonizing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pazzo made short and long specific for the ST848 and in various colors. I like shorties, even more on the brake.

We normally ride 450 plus km every Friday and no a big deal. I guess it is just preferences.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts