Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At REV'IT!, a lot of time has been devoted to finding the highest quality materials and constructions so that we can design the best products out there.

There's always room to improve, though. Which is why we're starting this forum. We want you to be part of the conversation on where we go with our line, and how we can best serve the Ducati riding community. We'd like to open up discussions on the technical performance, construction, fit, or style of any of our products -- Because our designers want to make the products you want to wear!

As this grows, we hope that it will become a resource for anyone looking to suit up, whether for the next big adventure, or the daily commute to work. (A ride is a ride, after all.)

Looking forward to it.

Ride safe,
REV'IT! USA

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
REV'IT! branding

An opinion: I have been attracted to your stuff based on overall styling and price point, but NOT the loud branding.
Hey Splatgirl, thanks for the input! We'll be sure to pass it on to our design team. Check out our new line of urbanwear, too -- the branding is minimal, but we've kept the nice fashion element (without sacrificing protection, of course). You can see it here: http://www.revitusa.com/en-us/#/urbanscene

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ive got two areas for improvement. I have goat skin jacket and love the comfort and love using it on colder days. However anything over 60 and its too hot to use. Please add venting for more usability. Lastly back in the day you would see jackets in which the bottom of the back would be lower than the front which would cover your lower back when in a full tuck. It doesnt look like manufacturers do that anymore. Why is that? Thanks for making great products. Btw, im in love with your full race gauntlet gloves.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Ive got two areas for improvement. I have goat skin jacket and love the comfort and love using it on colder days. However anything over 60 and its too hot to use. Please add venting for more usability. Lastly back in the day you would see jackets in which the bottom of the back would be lower than the front which would cover your lower back when in a full tuck. It doesnt look like manufacturers do that anymore. Why is that? Thanks for making great products. Btw, im in love with your full race gauntlet gloves.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey 2000 996S -- That's something we've heard a lot of our riders say, and we have some good news. We just got back from previewing our Spring/Summer 2015 collection, and perforated leathers are in our near future! We can't share too many specific details just yet, but definitely stay tuned.

As for the extended backside (we don't know the technical name either), we're still making jackets that way! It's more subtle perhaps -- and some are longer than others, depending on riding style. But it's still a part of REV'IT! design.

Great to hear you like the gauntlet gloves -- our newest, the Jerez Pro, are the exact same as our pro riders wear on the GP circuit, so they're well tested ;) Thanks for your feedback.

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!

·
Ducati Designs
1,123 Posts
Thanks for the opportunity to comment! I have a couple of Rev'it AIRWAVE jackets. I don't expect tons of protection in such a lightweight, free-flowing summer jacket, the idea being to provide a bit of coverage and some structure to keep the armor in place. It does that well. Without the liner installed, the air flow is exceptional. Add the waterproof liner and it works pretty well to fend off light rain and keep the wind chill at bay. On sunny days the light gray fabric really keeps the heat down. Great for summers here in Oregon (which can be more like warm winters!).

On the downside, the light gray fabric discolors quickly turns nasty brownish-gray with exposure to sun, making a sharp jacket just look crummy. The fabric doesn't hold up well to machine washing, losing a lot of it's crispness even with the first cold-water wash. It makes the thing feel even less protective and gives it a saggy look. Lastly, the fabric around the cuffs frays badly starting with the first use. I've had to cut off strings many times.

I tried Rev'it based on excellent reviews of some of your other products. This one is a great idea, but the quality lets it down. After a dozen uses these jackets never leave the hanger.

pg
DD

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the opportunity to comment! I have a couple of Rev'it AIRWAVE jackets. I don't expect tons of protection in such a lightweight, free-flowing summer jacket, the idea being to provide a bit of coverage and some structure to keep the armor in place. It does that well. Without the liner installed, the air flow is exceptional. Add the waterproof liner and it works pretty well to fend off light rain and keep the wind chill at bay. On sunny days the light gray fabric really keeps the heat down. Great for summers here in Oregon (which can be more like warm winters!).

On the downside, the light gray fabric discolors quickly turns nasty brownish-gray with exposure to sun, making a sharp jacket just look crummy. The fabric doesn't hold up well to machine washing, losing a lot of it's crispness even with the first cold-water wash. It makes the thing feel even less protective and gives it a saggy look. Lastly, the fabric around the cuffs frays badly starting with the first use. I've had to cut off strings many times.

I tried Rev'it based on excellent reviews of some of your other products. This one is a great idea, but the quality lets it down. After a dozen uses these jackets never leave the hanger.

pg
DD
Hey PGeller -- This is great feedback. We're glad to hear that the jacket works in terms of protection and the "cooling factor", but it's good for us to know too about the discoloration and such. We will definitely pass on this info to our product development team and use it moving forward. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,115 Posts
Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions an...

I LOVE my Sand jacket and pants. My only complaint is having to use a separate rain liner. Not a big issue to stop and put the liner in the jacket but not the pants. That's hard to do on the side if the road. I would love to have the same suit with Gore Tex.

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GORE-TEX suit

I LOVE my Sand jacket and pants. My only complaint is having to use a separate rain liner. Not a big issue to stop and put the liner in the jacket but not the pants. That's hard to do on the side if the road. I would love to have the same suit with Gore Tex.

Hey DuckMan! Great news for you -- we've developed a suit with a GORE-TEX outer shell, the Poseidon. Sounds like just what you might be looking for! There's no fussing with inner rain liners, and it still has direct ventilation panels, so you don't lose any airflow on hot days. Let us know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a big fan of Rev'It bought my first jacket cw thermal liner in 06 still looks almost new. Just ordered a Hunter 1pc race suit, eagerly awaiting its arrival

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
knee & shin armor

I used to own Rev'IT tornado and Gear II pants. I wanted to upgrade the pants to go with a future new jacket but changed my mind because of the relative less knee/shin armor coverage compared to other brands carried by my local shop.

I switched to a different brand last season to get full knee/shin coverage in my textile touring warmer weather pants.

We also switched my girlfriend's riding pants to a different brand soon after in order to increase knee/shin armor coverage for her too.

I loved my Ignition jacket.

I'd consider going back to Rev'IT pants if they up the knee/shin armor coverage.

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts