Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since the stock bulb and headlight set up works as good as a flashlight duct taped to my head. Does anyone have any photos of a HID light on their Hyper? Or feedback for that matter?

Also what kit did you use and some install help/suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We already went over the halogen type bulbs. From what I remember not 1 person agreed with any other as to which type of bulb the Hyper actually takes.

Not trying to argue with the link but the factory bulb setup on the Hyper is not sufficient for night time riding. At least not for me. It is like driving in a car with 1 of the head lights burnt out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a H4 bixenon kit coming next week. That is a kit that will have hi-lo function. I will post pics and a link to where I got them after I get it installed. It was only $65 shipped too!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I have a H4 bixenon kit coming next week. That is a kit that will have hi-lo function. I will post pics and a link to where I got them after I get it installed. It was only $65 shipped too!
Just beware of melting plugs, housings, lenses etc.Just ask any late model Mercedes Benz owner. I have serviced 30 year old cars that still have the original bulbs in them. With the new models that are running mostly just halogen bulbs, you're lucky to make it to the next service without some expensive bulb frying the plug or socket.The stupid headlight bulb on an S 600 is $110+.Are you f-ing kidding me?
There was an old post where a guy covered his headlight with a sweatshirt for whatever reason, while tuning his bike.This resulted in a melted headlight lens, with the stock bulb.Be careful.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just beware of melting plugs, housings, lenses etc.Just ask any late model Mercedes Benz owner. I have serviced 30 year old cars that still have the original bulbs in them. With the new models that are running mostly just halogen bulbs, you're lucky to make it to the next service without some expensive bulb frying the plug or socket.The stupid headlight bulb on an S 600 is $110+.Are you f-ing kidding me?
There was an old post where a guy covered his headlight with a sweatshirt for whatever reason, while tuning his bike.This resulted in a melted headlight lens, with the stock bulb.Be careful.
I have been running HID's on my 748 for 2 years now and no problems with anything!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have been running HID's on my 748 for 2 years now and no problems with anything!
Same here with a 999s, over 2 years HID xenon.

On the Hyper I've bi-xenon (hi/lo with relais) for over one year, no problems.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, please add pics and install instructions or helpful hints if possible. Also where are you guys getting these kits?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nope it was some brand call Acro-vision.

It had the smallest ballast and ignitor that I could find locally.

I did have to drill a hole big enough for the wires to pass thru the housing.

Attachments

·
Banned
71 Posts
i just got a set of hid's today and im working on putting em in right now, ill post some pictures of the process after i get it done which should be tomorrow morning, i got hi/lo 4300k with the slim ballast

1 - 20 of 24 Posts