Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its Saturday July 25th and before the racers have even woken up, its prediction time for the rest of this racing season!

This story is about Lorenzo and Spies Both of which have settled deals for 2009, of which the press haven't been told about as of yet. Its also about some predictions on 2010 and how things are going to roll.

Lorenzo is set to take Dovizioso's position on the Honda factory squad next to Pedrosa. This leaves an open seat on the Yamaha MotoGP squad. Ben Spies has been offered that seat of he can seal the championship in WSBK. Spies doesn't really care about WSBK, he wants to be in MotoGP and this opportunity is far better then his original one with Suzuki. The details are sketchy and Spies does wanna do another year in WSBK, but he hasn't signed for Yamaha WSBK yet.

Prediction's:

Haga doesn't get better quick enough. Fabrizio can't get the points back he lost and Spies wins the championship by a small margin, but in the end, its still a championship and off he goes to MotoGP.

Both Toseland and Edwards have not signed up for another season. Aprilia have already made an offer to Edwards to come ride the V4 in WSBK, but this offer may not happen in 2010, it could be for 2011 instead (no details).
Yamaha WSBK is going to need a rider to replace Spies and its looking more and more like it could be James Toseland.

Melandri is going back to riding a Honda it looks like, on one of the satellite teams. The current Kawasaki team has already said its going to be non-existent for 2010, unless the economic climate changes in the next few months.

In terms of Ducati and MotoGP this year, we're only at 1/2 season and its finally time for a month break. Stoner will take this time to get fit again and hopefully be feeling better come the middle of August. There are 7 races remaining after Donington park, of which Stoner will probably get 3rd again. If Stoner can come back, put his head down and win races, there is a good chance he can regain superiority and his season could turn around. At this point, its all up to Stoner.

Stoner already has a contract for MotoGP in 2010 and Hayden isn't too upset, so he'll be sticking around. Ducati already announced the partnership with yet another satellite team in 2010, so the desmosedici MUST get better before next year.

Them's the mid-season predications...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Jorge to Honda?... that would be good for Honda.. but i would be surprised if Yamaha actually let him go... that kid is FAST...

i don't think Yamaha could offer Jorge's seat to Spies even if he wins this years WSBK title.. don't they have that rule for next year.. "no rookies on a factory ride"?...

i don't like the rule.. i'd love to see Spies team up with Rossi. would be fun..

Ducati better do something.... there needs to be a lot more "Red" on the podium...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not sure I would write off Haga since his fucking teammate just took out Spies in race 1.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Spies can't get a factory ride unless its with Suzuki - a "rookie" is anyone with less than 9 starts in MotoGP. I've seen an interview with Pedrosa where he said if Repsol sign JLo he is GONE. Even if its a Telfonica, he said he would wait and see what to do - which I took to mean if JLo comes anywhere near a Honda, they will have to compensate him (Pedrosa). Maybe he goes to the factory Yamaha?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm confused... i thought i read the rule was for MotoGP... and it seemed clear that is said something about no rookies on a factory ride for their rookie season..

who's reading this that KNOWS..

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IDK how substantial that rule is... Pedrosa went directly from 250 to GP. Perhaps before the rule was made?

Anyhow, the rule pertains to 125cc and 250cc MotoGP riders going to the big machines who arn't ready for the challenge and giving up after a year. They wanna see riders on factory teams who are prepared to ride. If you've been already riding a liter bike in WSBK for a year, I'm relatively sure, you can be on a factory GP team. I'm not 100% because nobody has done it recently, but only time will tell.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
I've seen an interview with Pedrosa where he said if Repsol sign JLo he is GONE.
After today's race, he should be! After all, Honda would be idiots to dump Dovizioso in favor of Lorenzo, but to dump Pedrosa would be a good choice.

Tom

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I would not count Nitro out of this yet thanks to his teammate and ability to ride injured. I think the stars may be aligning for him this year. If he was going to have a big get off he couldn't have planned it any better since he had to only race one weekend in two months since the accident. Now to leave the race this weekend still in the lead......I'm thinking he has an angel on his shoulder........:D

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Oh and as for Spies going to MotoGP.....if he wins WSBK he will be on a factory ride next year in MotoGP.......they will alter the rules if need be. A rider of his talent is a game changer and MotoGP is in the business of making money. How great would it be to watch him and Rossi battle. Talk about putting seats in the stands and in the US market where they struggle some it will only help. If he doesn't win this years WSBK then I think he will be back just simply because he is a fierce competitor and will not be satisfied with 2nd place before moving on.........

·
Registered
413 Posts
Screw this stuff, I'm more excited about Alvaro Bautista on an Aspar Ducati!!! :)
Hehehe - THAT would be fun to watch :p:eek:
BTW - As of last week, FIM sez less than 9 rides = ROOKIE, no matter where they are coming from. And rookie means non-factory team, except for Suzuki. Now what makes a team "non-factory" could get interesting. If Spies came to Tech-3 but got a factory spec bike and started getting updated parts, then what? As usual, DORNA and FIM are just digging themselves a deeper hole.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Not sure on the rule being changed but stranger things have happened in the FIM world. I like the rule overall, if a factory wants to bring a rider up it helps get them to give better equipment to the satellite teams which puts more sponsors in the hunt for good finishes. That helps bring more money into the sport in the long run which it desperately needs right now.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Outside of the US is Spies a bigger draw than Simoncelli? If not then why wouldn't a little arm twisting see Simoncelli get Lorenzo's soon-to-be-vacant spot at Fiat.

It would be very interesting though to see what Spies could do on a competitive factory bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts