Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a different look for my 749 track time. Currently running plain junky, but like the look of some of the pre painted chinese replicas. In particular i would love a red bull set.
There are PLENTY of chinese fairing threads i have read, good and bad.
How about listing a link to stuff you have tried that turned out to be decent

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm using fairing from www.motorcyclefairingz.com. the quality of the ABS plastic is very good but the standar paint quality is not good, but you can ask them using higher quality paint with additional cost. You can also order unpainted fairing too.

The fairing also fit perfectly. I already use their fairing on ducati 749, ducati 848/1098. no problem at all except some color changed for the fairing near the exhaust pipe :(

I already bought 11 sets of fairing for me and my friends. never had a problem

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wanted to go this route for track duty with the 1098 but can't find anyone with side and belly pan fairings that will match the yellow tank, headlight, and tail fairings that I leave on.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I bought a 999s with these on them.
Bodywork Fairing for Ducati 999 2003-2004 #Windscreen Gift | eBay
Been on for a year or so apparently. Cheap and nasty. about half the thickness of the ABS plastic and seems to be a brittle plastic. Couple of cracks and one broken lug.

They do fit fine. I was thinking of throwing them in the bin. I have a comparison photo of OEM plastic thickness copmpared to these. Will try and post them later. At the moment they are sitting up in the shed rafters.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I love mine :)

Selina moto or something like that from ebay. Custom made me the front without headlights to match the xerox kit I had with holes.

Yes there are some minor fixes and massaging but its worth it. For the price you cant beat it. Especially for a track bike...

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
yeah, I guess they are fine if you don't mind copyright infringement. China is well known for ripping off legitimate copyright owners, so hell, if it is cheap, why not join the crowd...

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
I don't like the idea of thing fairings for the track. Get some $500-600 Sharkskinz that are repairable. Otherwise, these Chinese fairings will be one time use only (explode on impact) and then you have to buy a new set again. Just .02

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,653 Posts
I don't like the idea of thing fairings for the track. Get some $500-600 Sharkskinz that are repairable. Otherwise, these Chinese fairings will be one time use only (explode on impact) and then you have to buy a new set again. Just .02
Why would they explode? Mine are made from the same material as the originals.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
You will get what you pay for. Some will fit well, some will not, some will have good paint, some will not. If you does not fit well or paint is not what you expected do not complaint you knew ahead of time. I've seen many people that buy low quality Chinese parts then they complaint about it. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts

Seems most people that have posted say that theirs is thinner then the originals. Matter of fact, yours is the only one where I've read the opposite.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
961 Posts
My Chinese fairings are much thinner than OEM, the paint is very good but fitting required some massaging. I suspect the Chinese fairing makers actually use a PVC not ABS. Of course they don't admit it though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I can say for sure there are two types of ABS fairings being made. I bought a set off ebay from Moto333 I think was the name. Quality was terrible and cracked if I so much as looked at it wrong. After a low side I didn't see them explode but what did happen is all the mounting tabs which were glued on snapped right back off making it impossible to remount.

I just got a set from AdjustableLevers.com and its night and day quality wise. The ABS is much more pliable making it easy to mount. Instead of having to drill out almost every hole on my last set I had to drill out 3 holes just slightly. The mounting tabs are molded with the fairings themselves. Although not crash tested yet I can say I'm very happy with the product. Paint does not have any dust below the clear coat which was present on the ebay set. Also if you ask nicely they will throw in the windscreen and rear cowl for free. They did cost about 300 more including shipping but worth the extra dime. Pic Below

·
Registered
13 Posts

They explode. I'm speaking from first hand experience. Buy some track skins (I pay around $400 for Optimals). I've crashed those and fiberglass is very easy to repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts