Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....thanks for everyones input. The bike is fixed after this scenario; it turns out while the bike sitting there with a hot engine under the fuel tank caused som plastic screen shroud to melt and break down. Thus completely clogging up the the 8 injectors and the two rails. I spent hours flushing and cleaning each injector and all fuel components. The bike fired right up and sounds great! oil looks fine and same with coolant. I will however get a new fuel pump since something in there did melt, but the bike is responsive and has been running good. Let me be an example, and to also prove you can let your bike idle for hours if this happens to some other poor sap, but I have the feeling I may have been one ot the only ones to do this HAHA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would change the oil just to be safe, its cheap insurance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Glad you got her back going. Like whylee said , I'd change the oil to, just to be safe. Also, does it seem to have the some power? I'm wondering if maybe some of the plastic coated the cylinder walls a little. Maybe you can do a compression check to make sure all the cylinders and rings are ok.

Well glad she's up amd running again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts