Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
LOL Biaggi has always cracked under pressure. Biaggi's career can be described as more ego than talent mired by stupid mistakes.
Fixed it for ya. :D

And then there was the 2003 season when Biatchi is commenting on McCoy's move ( I think it was McCoy, anyway) to Superbikes saying "Oh no, that is very bad." Look where the douche-bag is now... :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Good videos, after you watch the Biaggi one, take a look at the Stoner vs Rossi @ Barcelona in 2007

Good stuff, shame those days are over......

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
That's the one, back when there were tire (tyre) wars & when Bridgestone's actually were good for Ducati, now they are only good for Yamaha it seems.

Wasn't it Flossie that pushed that change?

Never mind...........

Race time soon

Craig

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,652 Posts
Now they are all like prima donnas.

No there not, I can name two right now who rode the last race pretty busted up.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Now they are all like prima donnas.

No there not, I can name two right now who rode the last race pretty busted up.

Maybe so, but not nearly as close to the way it used to be. I can agree that now rather then being men they are teenagers.
Havent you noticed that before when these guys were elbowing each other the thought would be "ill get him next time". Now its more like "look mommy, he pushed me"
Now it seems like they are robots or some shit like that. I believe that not only has TC made it in some way like cheating but has gradually faded any mistakes a rider can do or maybe push beyond his limits making an incredible move, its gone, once in a blue moon it happens. Consistent every lap, same old, same old until the last 3-4 laps. Yeah sure, it might be a smarter move but its boring as hell. Just like the last race, Pedrosa in front the whole time until the last few laps, then Stoner passes him.
It makes it look like "may the best rider win with the best electronics programmer"
Pretty soon we are going to be seeing cruise control and leaning limiter

I think you might be referring one of them as Cal. Yeah he is a monster, true, but at the same time I think some riders feel that they need to "behave" or else one of the Prima Donnas might complain. So he is pulled into the band wagon too

·
Registered
374 Posts

....or, of course, this....

(Apparently blocked), but I really prefer the 500's, or early 990's....NO traction control and all of that crap. I always laugh when I remember Rossi's comment to the interviewer on "Faster" when asked about moving up to the 500's, it was something like, "when afirst you movea upa to the 500's, it's likea #uuccckk!"

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,652 Posts
This has to be one of the classics: Stoner going around the outside of Lorrenzo and making it stick, Laguna Seca 2011:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts