Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cart before the horse here, because I don't have the bike yet, but...research...

I've had good experience with LeoVince slip-ons on other bikes, including a BMW with catalytic converter. By good experience, I mean at least some improvement in sound and appreciable loss of weight. I gather that on the Multistrada, much of the "muffling" happens in the catcon/resonator box, and the end-pipes are largely cosmetic.

If that is taken as true (opinions welcome), I wondered if anyone had experience with LeoVince slip-ons on the Multi. I would guess that since they wouldn't come from the dealer, there is potentially a warranty issue, yes? Would a slip-on require or benefit from any tuning?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
592 Posts
No need to remap if you just have a slip on going on the existing catylitic converter , if you decat then yes you should have a retune .

Reactions: duc_stroyer

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
To me, the sound is much better with a slip on and no cat. I went with the Mivv setup and it sounds much deeper to me than stock with cat. I have DB killers in both head pipes and removed the DB killer in the slip on.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'm a fan of arrow exhaust, if you go for a slip on imho that's the brand I would go for, it opens up the sinus right up!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't bit the bullet and bought a exhuast yet, But from what ive seen and heard it doesn't see like a Slip On would do much if you dont decat?

The Stock Mufflers dont really have much to them at all, they are basically straight pipes? No Baffle or anything (that i see).

Seems like the cost of a slip on is almost 2/3 the cost of a full system? Seems to me the best bet is to just go full system...

I was thinking of going for the SC Project oval which i see only for about $800..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Cart before the horse here, because I don't have the bike yet, but...research...

I've had good experience with LeoVince slip-ons on other bikes, including a BMW with catalytic converter. By good experience, I mean at least some improvement in sound and appreciable loss of weight. I gather that on the Multistrada, much of the "muffling" happens in the catcon/resonator box, and the end-pipes are largely cosmetic.

If that is taken as true (opinions welcome), I wondered if anyone had experience with LeoVince slip-ons on the Multi. I would guess that since they wouldn't come from the dealer, there is potentially a warranty issue, yes? Would a slip-on require or benefit from any tuning?

Thanks much!

If you are dead set on a slip-on, as soon as you get your bike pull the stock exhaust tip off the cat and start the bike. Make a mental note regarding the change in sound and then go buy the best looking slip-on you can afford. I had a Remus slip-on on my 2011 for a while, I picked it up cheap on ebay and I liked the way it looked. It made no difference in the sound or performance.

Reactions: Redbrit

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I haven't bit the bullet and bought a exhuast yet, But from what ive seen and heard it doesn't see like a Slip On would do much if you dont decat?

The Stock Mufflers dont really have much to them at all, they are basically straight pipes? No Baffle or anything (that i see).

Seems like the cost of a slip on is almost 2/3 the cost of a full system? Seems to me the best bet is to just go full system...

I was thinking of going for the SC Project oval which i see only for about $800..
Be aware that SC project exhausts are ridiculously loud, never had one but heard feedbacks from people that do, also try to find one that has a removable db killer just in case.
$.02!

Reactions: Redbrit

·
Registered
159 Posts
Be aware that SC project exhausts are ridiculously loud, never had one but heard feedbacks from people that do, also try to find one that has a removable db killer just in case.
$.02!
oh yes, im aware :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I like LeoV in general, but I have been persuaded to save my pennies for the Termi full system.

Many pennies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts