Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a new "left over/demo" 2014 Multi GT. I am really enjoying this ride. Now I am planning my winter project and I am looking for any input comparing the Leo Vince mid pipe with db killer and stock or Termi slip on vs. the MIVV decat and Suono slip on. I have read through pages of posts with the "search function"- so I know "the search function is my friend", just looking for experienced input- Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Have the MIVV without DB killer and GP silencer. Well made, kinda loud but OK with earplugs that are needed anyway for wind noise. Cost less than most options, can remove rear wheel WO removing silencer, looks good, makes me smile.:smile2:

Reactions: ClarkLife

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm not certain, but I thought I heard here on the forum that the LV mid-pipe was no longer made/imported/LV was bought out/something like that (???) and they are nearly impossible to find.

You may want to look into that first before you spin your wheels. Good luck.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
. I have read through pages of posts with the "search function"- so I know "the search function is my friend", just looking for experienced input- Thanks
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/128650-mts-1200-leo-vince-mid-pipe.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/122645-has-anyone-installed-leo-vince-midpipe-2.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/453881-leo-vince-arrow-mid-pipe-w-baffle-stock-tips-sound-file-request.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/453881-leo-vince-arrow-mid-pipe-w-baffle-stock-tips-sound-file-request.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/441153-wholly-sh-t-there-alot-threads-tuning-w-exhaust-mivv-decat.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/128035-mts-mivv-suono.html

to list a few.....the end cans will make very little difference as they're all straight-thrus with the DB killers removed.....i can't believe that there will be much difference in tone between the model years.

use "site:ducati.ms" in your google search string and you'll usually find what you're looking for. example: Leo Vince Multistrada site:ducati.ms

hope some of these links help. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input- There are Leo Vince mid pipes for the 2014 Multi for sale on ebay (ship from UK I believe). I still have time to research. Leaning towards the MIVV, but next week I'll probably be leaning toward the LV

Thanks Again

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
and in case you already didn't know, each has it's own mechanism for dealing with the exhaust valve. one is spring based (MIVV) and one uses a "block" at the servo motor itself (i think).

Reactions: franssenstom

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed the MIVV mid pipe and Suono end can on my 14 PP. Easy install, looks great, and sounds like, "HELL YEAH!!" IMHO. Great service from PJ's Parts, (not affiliated), just the facts.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Thanks for the input- There are Leo Vince mid pipes for the 2014 Multi for sale on ebay (ship from UK I believe). ...
Good to hear. I have the LV mid pipe with an LV slip-on and it works great. I leave the baffle in to avoid getting a fix-it ticket from the noise police. Makes a great sound. No complaints. Good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Damascus,

Which LV Slip-on do you have?
Happen to have a pic?
I think this going to be my route.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brickflyer,

I have LV Carbon Can and Mid pipe, here is a picture of it. Works good, fit perfect. A little loud w/o dB killer but that is how I run it, sounds better and performance is a little better on top-end. Wear rubber gloves and clean thoroughly before you start the bike, otherwise prints are imbedded for life. Let me know if you need more info.

D2

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is it really necessary to respond to folks this way when they ask legitimate questions?

I get that it's been discussed previously, but its often time-consuming to wade through a bunch of irrelevant, inconclusive stuff - Asking folks for the current state-of-play actually doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

My $0.02, love the forum, BTW.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am the new owner of a new "left over/demo" 2014 Multi GT. I am really enjoying this ride. Now I am planning my winter project and I am looking for any input comparing the Leo Vince mid pipe with db killer and stock or Termi slip on vs. the MIVV decat and Suono slip on. I have read through pages of posts with the "search function"- so I know "the search function is my friend", just looking for experienced input- Thanks
I just did the Leo Vince decat on my bike - I stuck with the OEM tips. I have a '15, so the install required some cut/weld of the 2013 part, but it worked.

My goals were 1) drop weight, 2) add a teeny bit of top end power, 3) minimize noise increase. I haven't dynoed it yet, but the weight drop is impressive.

The noise is borderline - Just a bit louder than I'd hoped for. I'm an older rider, and I was actually just fine with the stock dB level - The Leo incorporates an inline silencer, but the butterfly is gone, and overall the difference in sound is pretty marked at higher throttle angles. When the snow melts I'll ride it around a bit and decide if I can live with it or not.

BTW - I purchased from an Italian shop on eBay, got it for about $480 shipped. I think there are quite few left if you don't mind purchasing from an EU vendor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
can someone post a link for buying:
1. a LV decat
2. an LV SBK muffler
3. or both together

i take i'll have to order from overseas.

I have used LV SBK on all my older bikes, pretty good sound. like the db killer is in the end of the pipe and removable. My LV SBK on my BMW GS had an odd "tweet" when new. almost like a whistle effect. i tightened the db insert with muffler tape on the proximal end, fixed it.

thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is it really necessary to respond to folks this way when they ask legitimate questions?

I get that it's been discussed previously, but its often time-consuming to wade through a bunch of irrelevant, inconclusive stuff - Asking folks for the current state-of-play actually doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Yes, because this is a great database of knowledge and many of us have answered the same question for some guy before you. It doesn't respect our time. If you don't care enough to use a very helpful search tool then why should we take the time and answer it again? If you find a thread and need more info, people are always willing to address additional points just add onto the end. It is a great site because of those who contribute to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts

It's wrong to reply by pointing someone to numerous existing threads on the topic? There's no wading required, just a quick search, here or on the www, you know, like I did, for the OP, along with the follow-up comments.

Glad you love the forum.

Thanks, ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed my Leo Vince pipe and Termi end can - all I can say is Wow!

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I have just installed the Leo Vince decat pipe and my Termi carbon slip on and all I can say is "WOW!" The install took me around 90mins or so and wasn't that difficult, but a bit stubborn in places. Make sure that you have a can of WD40 handy to remove the old pipe and install the new. I followed the instructions from Turkish Express - see http://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall-wisdom/129318-diy-multistrada-1200-mid-pipe-install-w-pictures.html for full details.

I have not yet needed to install the servo piece for the butterfly valve actuator on the original cat unit - I have not yet received any error messages on my dash - I will wait to see if they appear and install if necessary. I took it for a short run tonight and nothing has appeared yet, so fingers crossed...

The sound is absolutely amazing! And the feel of the increase in power is noticeable. I put a set of Fat Ducs on the bike as well to even out any fueling / surging issues and they seem to be working perfectly. This mod has turned a fat pussy cat into a roaring beast!!!

Thoroughly recommended to all looking to make unbelievable sound, weight and power improvements to their Multi.

Cheers,

Eddie.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thx Eddie.
Sounds like the route I'm taking. Can't find a LV can anywhere. ?
Like the looks of the carbon termi stubby too. How's the decal popping, backfiring?
Did you do the fat ducs at the same time? Just curious if you had pipe on, and before / after fat duc experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Brickflyer,

No real backfiring, the occasional pop (which sounds amazing). I did put the Fat Ducs on before the LV pipe to test the difference between them and stock and it is a noticeable improvement). Will keep monitoring the setup with the LV pipe installed.

I found the LV pipe through Riders Discount (thier eBay site).

Hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Eddie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eddie,
What year is your Multi? Your setup (LV & carbon Termi) is exactly what I wanted to compare against the Mivv Suono
Thanks,
Carmen

1 - 20 of 32 Posts