Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Leo Vince vs. DP exhausts

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  900SSKen 
#1 ·
Hi :)

My recent purchased 750 Sie had oval Leo Vince SBK exhausts mounted by the previous owner. I just changed these into a pair of carbon Ducati Performances low mounts I got from Ebay.

I made this change because I think the DP's looks better, and expected them to perform well.

The thing is now that the Leo Vince's seems to perform better (still testing though). There are no other modifications on the engine so far.

Anyone out there with experience with DP's exhausts in comparison to Leo Vince's, or in comparison to other non-factory makes? :think:

Two wheeled regards

Ralfi

#3 ·
I have Leo Vinci hi-mount Titanium cans on my wifes Monster M900S.
They are excellent in quality and finish.
When we were looking at different pipes for the bike these were by far the best value for the buck. They have a nice deep sound and sound really good at full chat without being obnoxious.
They are considerably lighter than the DP cans and quite a bit less expensive.
If you do not want to go with LV take a look at the Arrow cans. Had them on my 748 and like them as well as the LV's.
I presently have a Staintune complete system on my 900ss/sp and am equally impressed with the quality and sound of these pipes. they were a bit more expensive than some of the other brands but the quality makes up for it. Another nice feature was the removable tail pipe baffle. If you live where noise consideration is an issue you can leave the insert in place and the bike will be quiet as can be without any performance loss. Yank the insert and you have a nice narly sounding Duc.
I've had D&d's and Ferraci pies at different times and can tell you staright on, don't waste the money.
Good luck

AL B.
97 900ss/sp
00 M900S

#5 ·
Leo Vince exhaust

I emailed LeoVince re: cans for a 99 900 ss and was told they don't make them. Now I see they are listed for the 800 Sport / Supersport, 2003 to 2005. Will these fit my '99 900?

Thanks

Ken

#7 ·
phonse said:
They are considerably lighter than the DP cans and quite a bit less expensive.
While I did the change from the LV's to the DP's I had each brand on the scale. The carbon DP's were about 100 grammes lighter a piece than the LV's.

The sound is almost the same. The DP's are slighly more chrunchy in the sound. :cool:

#8 ·
900SSKen said:
I emailed LeoVince re: cans for a 99 900 ss and was told they don't make them. Now I see they are listed for the 800 Sport / Supersport, 2003 to 2005. Will these fit my '99 900?

Thanks

Ken
The carbon DP's I got from Ebay were adverted for being for an 800 SS. These fitted my 2002 750 ss. I just needed to remove some spacers between the frame and the mounting brackets with the passenger pegs. If I remount the Leo Vinces I'll post some pics.

Maybe you can let us know why you consider the LV's?

Have a nice weekend :rolleyes:

#9 ·
I frequent the Buell forum at Sacborg (having a Buell, it's acceptable to do) :D
and they are spoken of quite highly over there. I have Gianellis on her now - wanted something that you rarely see, and I have yet to see another set! They are high mounts and I had to remove the passenger pegs. Now I have a possible future passenger and don't want to put the stockers back on. Again I'm looking for something a little different, and they appear to be reasonably priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.