Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of Ti Leo Vince slip-ons for the 800. I'm going to be in a real time crunch to install them when they arrive, so I wanted to ask anyone who has them if they were missing any parts that you need to install them, or whatever. Thanks.

I wanted aluminum, but Leo Vince is entirely out of aluminum cans. Not surprisingly, they have plenty of the Ti ones that cost $170 more. Ugh.

Oh, and my Hindle full pipe for the 800 is for sale in the classifieds. That stuff doesn't come up too often, so I didn't want anyone to miss it if they were looking.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The only I needed extra to install my Remus is some Blue Loctite.

Nice Bike:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
What-Oh Dave:

I got the aluminium ones because of the cost and the way they match the engine, but the titanium are quite a bit lighter (and stronger), so the extra money may be worth it. Best sounding and highest quality cans of all IMHO (all totally subjective of course).

Installation is a breeze, but 3 things I found help out a lot:

(1) The black hard rubber bushings used for the original holders must be retained
(this was not in my instructions from LeoVince).

(2) The retaining clamps sent with the cans are great quality, but the aluminium
spacing washer that fits through the rubber bushing is about 3mm or so too
long. It needs to be cut or ground down to allow the retaining clamp to be
tightened to a snug fit around the can (all this will make more sense when you
have the pieces in front of you). I made LeoVince aware of this when I bought mine so they may have changed it now.

(3) The retaining clamp should be left loose of course while you adjust the
position of the can and tighten it to the header. In order to move the can
around you will need to lubricate the inside (rubber) part of the clamp so
that the can slides inside it. I used a tiny bit of dishwashing liquid which
worked a treat (and dries quickly so the can is held firmly once everything is
tightened down).

Entire job start to finish should be about an hour. Let us know what you think of the sound. I love it!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey Critters,

Can you upload a sound clip of your slipons? I am very much interested to how it sounds compared to termis or remus....

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have tried, but I've not been able to get a clip to sound like they really do.

Did you buy the evo cans or the original louder ones?

I bought the originals (but only because they did not have the evo model in stock) and they are just about perfect. A deep growl that only becomes really loud when you open the throttle wide (so the neighbours won't hate you).

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Oops, sorry, thought I was talking to Dave.

Beautiful machine BTW Ducatiti! I don't usually like high mounts but they look great on your bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just ordered mine this week!!! They are currently on their way from Italy :cool: I was debating the aluminum ones and and carbon ones, eventually decided on the carbon. But it sounds like I couldn't have gotten the other ones anyway. I can't wait for 'em. I'll post up pics when installed. Should be quick thanks to critterdoc :yeah:

Chris
2004 800ss

·
Registered
323 Posts
critterdoc said:
Oops, sorry, thought I was talking to Dave.

Beautiful machine BTW Ducatiti! I don't usually like high mounts but they look great on your bike.

The bike in that photo is not his (but is a very nice bike), Ducatiti had low mount CF Remus pipes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My Cans Story . . .

See CritterDoc and change by:

1. Came with the black hard rubber bushing.
2. Did not need t cut anything.
3. What he said, be it dish soap or whatever your choice. Just don't use anything that will leave a stain!

CritterDoc - thanks for straightening those guys out over there at LV, Italy.

I got the Evo alums and took the stickers off immediately, plus I did NOT install the metal logo. :cool:

Sound is awesome! ! ! :D

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
rjcduc said:

3. What he said, be it dish soap or whatever your choice. Just don't use anything that will leave a stain!

I got the Evo alums and took the stickers off immediately, plus I did NOT install the metal logo. :cool:

Mine came with the metal logos riveted on. Hated them at first and was going to remove and replace them with Ducati Performance decals but they've grown on me now. The yellow matches the rear spring.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
critterdoc said:
Did you buy the evo cans or the original louder ones?

I bought the originals (but only because they did not have the evo model in stock) and they are just about perfect. A deep growl that only becomes really loud when you open the throttle wide (so the neighbours won't hate you).
I have no idea...I bought the ones they had in stock to ship at Pipe City. I dont' really care...they all make the same power, so as long as they don't fall apart I'm happy. My only concern is ground clearance...I hope the cans are a bit smaller/tighter than stock, as I dragged the OEM can on a different one i rode several times at a track day. I wanted a hi-mount slip on system, but I couldn't find any in stock anywhere sadly.

Smalls, why did you order them from Italy? There are several distributors in the good ol' USA who have them in stock (oh, unless you want aluminum...ugh).

·
Registered
34 Posts
dietDrThunder said:
I have no idea...I bought the ones they had in stock to ship at Pipe City. I dont' really care...they all make the same power, so as long as they don't fall apart I'm happy. My only concern is ground clearance...I hope the cans are a bit smaller/tighter than stock, as I dragged the OEM can on a different one i rode several times at a track day. I wanted a hi-mount slip on system, but I couldn't find any in stock anywhere sadly.

Smalls, why did you order them from Italy? There are several distributors in the good ol' USA who have them in stock (oh, unless you want aluminum...ugh).
No, I bought them (carbon) from More Power Racing. But their dealer was out I guess, and he got them from Italy. When I emailed and asked about shipping, they said it was on it's way over, then they would email me when they shipped it out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I hope you don't have to wait too long...I talked to Leo Vince USA on Thursday and they had Ti and Carbon cans in stock. As long as you get what you need and it's timely, it's all good :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
dietDrThunder said:
Well, I hope you don't have to wait too long...I talked to Leo Vince USA on Thursday and they had Ti and Carbon cans in stock. As long as you get what you need and it's timely, it's all good :)
Maybe, but they are cheaper from MorePowerRacing.com

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
critterdoc said:
Maybe, but they are cheaper from MorePowerRacing.com
I actually bought from Pipe City...was just calling Leo to try to ferret out some alum. cans (to no avail). I think I paid $670 (roughly the same as above). Pipe City had the Ti in stock...ordered Friday, will have 'em on Wed (hopefully).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Correction . . .

rjcduc said:

I was just reading this thread again and noticed I said I bought the Evo aluminum when I actually got the Standard oval racing aluminum cans.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rjcduc said:
I was just reading this thread again and noticed I said I bought the Evo aluminum when I actually got the Standard oval racing aluminum cans.
I have a set of new Evo Ti cans on the way...gimme your cans and $100 and I'll trade ya if ya like...lemme know.

(the actual cosrt diff at Pipe City was $170 roughly).

·
Registered
172 Posts
No Way, Jose . . .

dietDrThunder said:
I have a set of new Evo Ti cans on the way...gimme your cans and $100 and I'll trade ya if ya like...lemme know.

(the actual cosrt diff at Pipe City was $170 roughly).
Tell ya what, you send me your Evo Ti when they show up and once I recieve them, I'll send you my originals and I won't charge you the shipping.

:p

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rjcduc said:
Tell ya what, you send me your Evo Ti when they show up and once I recieve them, I'll send you my originals and I won't charge you the shipping.

:p
I guess that's a 'no.' :) THought I'd ask...some folks like the bling of the Ti...and they are lighter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts