Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pros/cons?

'08 1100s with DP heads/cams, power commander V and Termi slip-on.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Pros:
Very lightweight
More exhaust noise
Maybe 1 or 2 HP increase
Looks better

Con:
Installation takes some time(30 min to 1 hour)
Costs money?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pros:
Very lightweight
More exhaust noise
Maybe 1 or 2 HP increase
Looks better

Con:
Installation takes some time(30 min to 1 hour)
Costs money?
+1 no downsides.
Aloha Alex
Great! Thanks for chiming in Alex - I know you know your stuff.

I have the CA 6.4 gallon tank on my hyper, and as a result suffered some power loss. With my PCV ecu, and DP cams/heads - I still only dyno'd at 89HP / 70ftlbs. (still no slouch)

I've seen some numbers in the high 90's with guys who have stacks etc, but I am limited with the pod intakes necessitated by the bigger tank. For me, the longer range is well worth it as I enjoy longer rides on my Hyper up into the mountains. Either way, she runs incredibly well and I can't say I'm not happy with the power as it is! Looking forward to hear how she runs and sounds with the CAT delete next week.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
My 4 best mods from a cost benefit stand point.
1. Fork springs matched to weight, regap oil level appropriately
2. Airbox mod - can't beat free
3. LV cat elim
4. Power commander

·
Registered
84 Posts
Suspension is next for my big butt too! Right after I throw a Termi slip-on on. ;) After coming off a 145 RWHP 999S, I am very happy with the motor and power delivery the Hyper makes. I love this bike!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would suggest the Bursi Evolution headers now that I have them, not much more $ than the Leo Vince and replaces way more pipe.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cat eliminator installed - had to wait a week to have it ceramic coated to match the rest of my exhaust. Put about 50 miles on it yesterday and wow. Wasn't expecting it to be that much better!

Don't really notice the weight loss, but it sounds way better (also have Termi slip-ons) and the power band seems even smoother than it was before. Looks great too - not sure if placebo or not, but my butt dyno says it's got a little more go.

Very happy with it! I'll post some pictures later on (pissing rain for the next few days here....)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts