Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

LeMan's Race discussion!

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  DucMike 
#1 ·
...WOW....1st the 250 race with a spectacular last half lap for 1st place...good racing there!.....then the GP race with all the mighty spendor...I missed exactly what happened in the 1st lap as to whom ran off and why cause I had to get a drink!....and what the hell happened to Rossi?....Hopper did a good job trying to get the bike back to going and keep pluggin away despite his incident that took him out of podium positioning...is it just me,or did Capirossi's bike look REALLY unstable in that last 2 laps?...man was he hangin on though to reel in Pedrosa and pass him!....and I have to give it to little Dani....he is really taking MotoGP by storm for his 1st year in the premiere class....he is really gonna be something serious as his career grows...and I think Casey Stoner is another to be watching out for in the future for sure!....and Marco Melandri did a helluva job making his way through the pack and taking the victory!.....great race and great racing.....my only complaints are with the once again the coverage in terms of cameras and viewpoints and commentating...the Speed announcers screwed up alot...and there just wasn't enough of the coverage of some of the passing and so forth going on in the ranks....at least...not till the middle and latter half of the race anyway!

#2 ·
Rossi took a tight inside line into corner one but Pedrosa took an outside line and dived in front of him. Rossi looked to clip Pedrosa's rear tire which stood Rossi's bike up sending him into dePuniet which, in turn, sent Gibernau and Edwards into the grass. Capirossi was quite wide on turn one running onto the rumble strip but managed to stay upright.

P.S. they are not "Speed (Channel) Commentators". Speed just purchases the English-language feed from the European producer and repackages it. The total broadcast is 90 minutes of uninterrupted coverage which includes quite a bit of insight.

P.P.S. Get a Tivo! You can watch it when you come back from your morning ride.

#3 ·
Capirossi always seems to race best when he looks like hes on the brink of a crash. When his bike looks stable he rides in the middle of the pack. Last week in China was a good example of that.

#4 ·
Does speed have the same commentators that motogp.com has? Because those two English guys are terrible. The main guy from last year was much better.

Anyway, does anyone know what happened to Rossi's bike? The web coverage showed him going into the yamaha trailer instead of the pits. Motogp.com had a 50 second interview with him, but it was in Italian so I couldn't make much out.

As far as Capirossi goes, I think that's just how he rides when he's going all out. Kinda like McCoy used to do.

#5 ·
very sad for rossi. he must be on the brink of jumping out a window. running ver y strong last week and a tire failure. this week a 4 sec lead and the bike just quits on him. on the + side i think if he dont win the champonship he we be back next year.

#7 ·
Vale made the right tire choice and it was clear Pedrosa was working his ass off just to keep him in sight...then it all fell apart. I felt bad for him. After the engine quit and just before it stopped, he went into full tuck...made me chuckle.

Melandri showed some metal in those last laps. The end of that 250 race had me on my feet too.

+10 on DVR. Running your own instant replay is definitely the shiz-NIT!

With Vale running 8th in points it's all up in the air. I can't wait for Seca, man. We're coming up via RV, making a 6 day occasion of it.

#9 ·
mbohn said:
I guess not, but I would sure like to know too.
Probably one of those things we'll never really know.

As far as the announcers go, I much prefer the current pair to the guys that called last years USGP. Nothing personal, but they just didn't sound like they were on top of it. And IIRC, it was Greg White & Freddy Spencer so that was almost inexcusable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.