Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen several guys without the horn button on 91-98 ss's. The cost from the dealer is 159.99 (168.00 delivered)for the etire module which includes everything in case anyone was curious. I ordered one thursday, i learned dealing with euro cars when it comes to electrical just repalce everything as you can afford it.

Monty

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got one off Ca-Cycleworks, note that its not an OE piece and the colors of the buttons don't match, but it was $100 cheaper and now I have a horn button.

·
Registered
92 Posts
left side controls

The big difference between cycleworks and the OEM part is the plug that connects it. Cycleworks you need about 20 minutes or more of your time to adapt the cycleworks part, and OEM you just plug it in. Other than that the advantages are that the Cycleworks replacement part allows you to turn off the headlight, which saves that extra draw on the battery when starting. That alone was worth my time in adapting the Cycleworks replacement part.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
correction to my left side controls... the part qouted and shipped was wrong, the newer SS's and other bikes are that price. The older bikes (red buttons) the price is $95.99.

Kudo's to omaha ducati for making this right in a timely manner. And trusting me to return this one once the correct one shows up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I live down the roadfrom Ducati Omaha and they are always helping me out, I think they are tired of me :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts