Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have 1993 900ss had from new
Where it went wrong 1050 speed triple
Why decided I would cafe race it
Never finished and what with lock down decided nows the time to at least get it back to some resemblance of being road worthy
Would love to be able to get a parts list with images and ie bolt sizes length etc no luck so far as it looks to be too old
I live in Kent and would ask is there a private mechanic that people use as opposed to main dealers sure it’s going to need a strip down after so long
Thanks in advance Les

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quick question as I am slightly confused ....easily done these days.
Are you talking about a parts list for the 900SS?

If so Stein Dinse and OEMDucati both have on line lists. Some of the descriptions even show bolt length and size.

There are manuals and parts lists available on line to download as well.Though I forget the name of the site (think its Dutch) shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the links all the ones I was coming across only went back to the fuel injected model
Have the Hayes book but not that helpful when you started a project so many years ago
Time has taken its toll more on myself first job was to remove rear setts never going to get in that position
Thanks again

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I use this site to look up Part Numbers, but I can't order from them as they won't ship overseas.

Then I can use a local dealer's site to get prices for the parts or to check availability.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I use this site to look up Part Numbers, but I can't order from them as they won't ship overseas.

Then I can use a local dealer's site to get prices for the parts or to check availability.

How odd.
I was going to suggest that site, but when I looked yesterday it came up with error 404
If you want you can get products shipped to me and I can send to the US.
At the moment the international shipping is due to COVID.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
How odd.
I was going to suggest that site, but when I looked yesterday it came up with error 404
If you want you can get products shipped to me and I can send to the US.
At the moment the international shipping is due to COVID.
Thanks for the offer, but I can buy stuff just as cheap here, without the shipping.

They've had the "No International Shipping " statement up for about a year now. I figured it was pressure from Ducati...

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
The best thing about that site was parts lists for older models, even if it was just to get the part number.
Mine is 2001 and I have parts list etc. so not an issue for me.

Reactions: Dukerdr

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Dutch site.
All exploded drawings.
All part numbers.
Worldwide shipping.
No screw sizes...
I was wondering if this odd question would come back up and now I see it has. What happened? Took it all apart and lost the bucket all the bolts went in? Bolts turned to rust while lying around for a decade in Kent? There is a chemicall process to bring them back to new,....

Desmo parts used to offer this and you may find a few others on ebay....

Anyway, its a good collection to start with and by using the websites above you can struggle to match each component with its proper bolt - won't be easy, but not impossible. This kit has been mentioned by others on this forum, some questioned the use of stainless steel in some areas, some pointed out this kit was labeled Made in the USA,... at the time they did ship to my country so I ordered it. They will still ship to the UK however and I recommend it as it does come with some very detailed instructions, which you are going to need! Sorry - I could not find the instructions this morning, as I'm down to only about 20 left from 4 years ago.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If I unscrew some parts on the bike I measure these screws and go to the local hardware store to pick up the same in stainless. Just regular A2 for fairing and simple screw-on parts.
My hardware store has a whole wall full of all possible nuts, bolts, washers,...
As I don't know much about material strenght I didn't replace the bolts on the brake calipers, other 'stressed' parts and parts that can kill me if they fail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts