Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a LED taillight bulb that just pops in the stock location for my Multi. I bought the exact same item for my 900SS and it worked great. It's the kind that rotates around when you are driving and then flashes when you hit the brake. Works great on my 900. On the Multi it doesn't work so great. The rotating part doesn't work. Only one or two LEDs light up and sort of flicker when you ride but they all come on perfect and pulse when the brake is applied. Why is that? Is it just the differences in electronics on a 2005 Multi vs. a 1995 900SS? Same bulb but it doesn't work right on the Multi. Does it need a resister of some kind? I didn't need that on the 900, just pop in and go. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I don't have the fancy LED bulb you have but i did install an LED bulb that works great with no resistor added. I would take a guess that your bulb is defective.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Check out DucatiDesigns LED kit for the MS/999/749. It's pricey at $105, but it is unbelieveably bright! Well worth the money, especially for the safety aspect. I had an LED 1157 replacement bulb in my tail light. Aside from hitting the lense, it wasn't much of an improvement. So I bought this and I'm very pleased.

www.DucatiDesigns.com

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The Multi is the same as the 999 right ?

I,ve seen it loads of times with these led lights albeit not the US ones but ones from Italy & the UK. The back of the board is very sharp & there is not much room to shove it backwards into the housing. It can short out the wires inside as the sharp swarf pushes into the insulation of the wires & causes problems.
I would try to put some almalgamating tape along the back of the board before installing as this usually seems to fix most of the led board problems. Also check & carefully snip of any protruding bits of solder

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Check out DucatiDesigns LED kit for the MS/999/749. It's pricey at $105, but it is unbelieveably bright! Well worth the money, especially for the safety aspect. I had an LED 1157 replacement bulb in my tail light. Aside from hitting the lense, it wasn't much of an improvement. So I bought this and I'm very pleased.

www.DucatiDesigns.com
+1 I bought the D&D LED for my Multistrada, excellent product. Just before selling the Multi I removed the LED and switched it with my 999R stock tail light. As ZDM stated, spendy but worth it in terms of safety.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts

www.DucatiDesigns.com
Same here. Works fine.

·
Banned
7 Posts
led light bulbs

I installed led light bulbs replacements on all my interior lights as well as my license plate, trunk, and reverse lights. The following are instructions and bulb guide for a 2009 G37 sedan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts