Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a replacement for the stop/tail light and for the turn signals. Paul Geller no longer has them available. Can you advise as to a good one for the dual purpose stop/running light and for the signals? Please take into account the 'Hyper Blinking' of many such LEDs for turn lights. Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
What you need is an LED that has a built in resistor to burn off the extra power so your flasher relay sees the proper voltage. Most of the newer bulbs that would be a direct fit replacement will have that. It's great that you don't need to do any extra wiring, but stinks that you never get the energy savings of the LED.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about the tail/stop light. Since it isn't a 'blinker' does it still need the extra resistance?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
What you need is an LED that has a built in resistor to burn off the extra power so your flasher relay sees the proper voltage. Most of the newer bulbs that would be a direct fit replacement will have that. It's great that you don't need to do any extra wiring, but stinks that you never get the energy savings of the LED.
Or fit a solid state (non relay) flasher unit.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Paul Geller no longer has them available.
Yeah, wish I'd seen those before he stopped carrying them.

Is Paul still lurking here? Any idea if these were fabbed by him, or can they be ordered from another source?

Probably more than a few folks here that would be interested...

·
Registered
750 Posts
PHP:
Yeah, wish I'd seen those before he stopped carrying them.

Is Paul still lurking here? Any idea if these were fabbed by him, or can they be ordered from another source?

Probably more than a few folks here that would be interested...
Yeah, I would definitely be interested. I knew about them, but had spent a lot of money on toys, and thought that I would get the light "later on" but then he closed up shop, and I missed out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts