Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Can't tell about quality, but I've done a bunch of LED research lately and LEDs are pretty bullet and fool proof. Those have about 20 LEDs on each light and that will be freaking bright! It looks like a good deal if you want bright turn signals.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Those look good but I think the cat's ass ones will be when clear Alternatives comes out with the integrated tail/brake/turnsignal led's for the HYM then we can get rid of the turn signal stalks.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look good but I think the cat's ass ones will be when clear Alternatives comes out with the integrated tail/brake/turnsignal led's for the HYM then we can get rid of the turn signal stalks.
perhaps ... but i am looking to stay as legal as possible, so as to avoid getting pulled over by the po po here in california. since the state and every county is operating in a budget deficit, the po po are out writing as many tickets as possible. and as the clear alternatives solution will not be DOT legal (turn signals need to be something like a minimum of 9 inches apart, center to center) ... i am looking to get an led solution in the stock rear turn signal housings (i like the look/size of the stock housings, better than the micro aftermarket ones ... size does matter :rolleyes:).

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
been doing a lot of windshield time lately here in the Bay area - the amount of speed traps and pull overs is higher than I have ever seen. Speeders and Cell phone drivers are helping to balance the budget.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just ordered a set today. Much cooler looking than the bare yellow bulb, and way cheaper than the DP ones!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are they significantly brighter than the stock bulb?
just received these in the mail ... installed, and they are brighter than stock bulbs by about 50% ... in my very subjective "looks brighter to me" sort of measurement method. no photos yet, but will try and post up some soon.

installation is very easy ... only requires small philips (to remove, then re-install lens screw) and small blade screw driver (to remove the bulb reflector), and small pliers (to remove blade style wire connectors, then re-install on the new LED board). entire remove/replace/test process took about 15 minutes.

now, the only traditional light bulb on the bike is the headlight. if they start making superbright LED systems for headlamp replacements, i am all over it like a bum on a free ham sandwich :rolleyes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of when the clear alternatives unit will be out? I emailed them in January and the response i got was "later this year".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tail Vent LED's

i wonder if these will fit on the rear vents of the tail section? i have been looking for a kit instead of having to make my own. Any one seen a LED kit like this for this tail?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wonder if these will fit on the rear vents of the tail section? i have been looking for a kit instead of having to make my own. Any one seen a LED kit like this for this tail?
vents on tail section? what vents?

btw, forgot to mention in earlier message, the board with the LEDs on it has a resistor, so just plug and play and they blink at correct rate, with no need to change the flash rate on the dash to LED. REALLY bright at night .. just rode back from a bike night event, and tested them out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just installed these. They look great, easy install (make sure you put the green wire to the negative (-) terminal!) and I agree with the "50% brighter" assessment. The LED blinker lit up the wall behind my bike at LEAST 50% more brightly than the stock bulb.

I took two photos to show the difference. One with the LED installed and one with the stock bulb.

The extra visibility is worth every penny in my book.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very cool comparo photo .... nicely done.

Just installed these. They look great, easy install (make sure you put the green wire to the negative (-) terminal!) and I agree with the "50% brighter" assessment. The LED blinker lit up the wall behind my bike at LEAST 50% more brightly than the stock bulb.

I took two photos to show the difference. One with the LED installed and one with the stock bulb.

The extra visibility is worth every penny in my book.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have run LEDs on my last couple of bikes and like them. They are definitely brighter during the night, but during the day, I don't think they are as visible. Also, depending upon the design, they can be less visible from angles. Try to find a light with some of the LEDs positioned at different angels for better visibility.

Out!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i hear what your saying axe ... but these leds are very visible during daylight conditions ... and from a wider angle than the stock bulb is.

I have run LEDs on my last couple of bikes and like them. They are definitely brighter during the night, but during the day, I don't think they are as visible. Also, depending upon the design, they can be less visible from angles. Try to find a light with some of the LEDs positioned at different angels for better visibility.

Out!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look at the comparison photo I posted... the reflection of the LED light on the exhaust is MUCH brighter than the bulb side. The exhaust is directly to the side of the tail light, which mean the light is pretty visible from the sides as well. The LED's stick out into the clear lens area quite a bit...

Plus, the amber color of the LED light is much more vivid, which I feel makes them even more "eye-catching" to the driver behind you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts