Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done it a few times now. :sleep:

Feel like a total moron when I get back and see what I've done. Anyone else forget to take their key out of the ignition now and then?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
hawc said:

Feel like a total moron when I get back and see what I've done. Anyone else forget to take their key out of the ignition now and then?
Yep! I've done that a couple of times. So far, I've only done it at work where the bike is pretty safe in a private car park!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
hawc said:

All the time, matter of fact, they are in the bike right now. I forgot they were in the ignition and your post reminded me to go get them. Been about 10 days now. Lucky it's a secure garage.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I used to do that sh=% all the time! I'd feel like such an idiot...parked up on the streets! It's a miracle nobody ever stole it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I got into the habit of taking my key with me by making the fob on the key the zipper pull on my leather....hence...I'd clip the key in essence to my jacket to zip or unzip my jacket open or closed and then do what is necessary from there....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Excellent Idea Zoom! I am forever forgeting that darn key. I'm Buying a clip today. Thanks!

Hmm, kinda makes zipping a bit troublesome while ride though eh?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Never. I can honestly say that I haven't done this in 30 years of riding.

I did however forget to close or even lock the front door of my house once. Came home and everything was there but there was a cat chillin' on my laundry pile:)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think I've done it on my various bikes about a half-dozen times in the last decade... no thefts though... well, actually one was stolen (Ninja), but I had the key with me at the time lol.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I've done it a couple of times, but never out and about. only at home, where it could not be seen from the road. a buddy never took his keys out of his R6 until one morning someone made sure that he didn't need to worry about it again. they rolled it out of his garage and down the road a ways before starting it. b-bye R6!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Absolutely-kinda

hawc, I leave mine in the seat lock on the ST- twice in the last week! Gregg

'04 ST4s
'95 916
'93 888SPO
'01 FLHRi

·
Registered
50 Posts
So you mean the keys come out??? I am terrible about leaving my key in the ignition. Then when I am ready to ride I spend half an hour looking for a key that is already in the ignition.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i always leave the key in my bikes when i'm at home and they are in my garage. if i'm parked anywhere else, then out they come. never had one stolen. i tag 8 bikes, now thats a lot of keys to keep up with.

·
Registered
426 Posts
left it in the seat lock as well a couple times, only happens when im dealing with extra crap under the seat and stuffing my pockets before going inside.

last week took a friend for a ride, and after i dropped her off at her apt, left the key in the seat lock and then strapped the spare helmet over it and paniced for a second thinking "man how can i be so stupid as to lock the key in the 'trunk' on a damn bike" luckily figured it out before asking her for a ride home to get the spare key :p

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
I live the keys in when in my garage.

I have a friend who ALWAYS leaves the keys in, even when he parks the bike on the street.

Tom

·
Registered
335 Posts
Keys

My friend left the keys in his new BMW K1200S on a ride last weekend. Fortunately, it was still in the parking lot when we came back :) .

We swapped bikes for a while. If Cadillac made a sportscar, this was it as a motorcycle - it was smooth and you could ride it all day long, very comfortable. But, I'll be keeping my 999 - thank you very much :D .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts