Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lucky enough to score a job that moves me to Naples for the next 2 years. I was really torn about shipping my bike out there (which is covered) or buying a new Duc once in country and ended up taking it with me. Kind of like taking her home...

I was trying to get a feel for how many people on the forums were actually in Italy...and does anyone have any favorite rides originating from Naples or the surrounding areas?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good idea to ship your bike but hey why not buy another one while your there! Maybe find a vintage one?

Any ride starting from there will be a nice ride trust me. I've driven thru the area and I'm hoping I can get stationed there next so I can ride around there too!

·
Registered
80 Posts
South of Naples along the cost is very nice. Just pay attention to the road and not the scenery! I think it would be difficult not to find Italy nice anywhere in the country. Good luck and have fun.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
Good idea to ship your bike but hey why not buy another one while your there! Maybe find a vintage one?
i have a feeling that all the vintage italian stuff is anywhere in the
world but in italy, check out ebay.it for example.

:think:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I saw hardly any Ducatis when I was in Italy earlier this year.mostly Hondas.

Another vote for the Amalfi coast run,its lovely there.
I also saw an onboard video on youtube of a road just inland,that looked like a great bike road though I'm not sure if I can find it again.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the nods...I have a guide book for the Naples area that makes the Amalfi coast sound amazing. I will have the month of December to find a house and settle myself before I actually start "working" some time in January. So I plan on getting in some good rides exploring what I can.

As for a wife, I don't have one but...we'll see in say, 2 years. Right before I leave Italy.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I was trying to get a feel for how many people on the forums were actually in Italy...and does anyone have any favorite rides originating from Naples or the surrounding areas?[/QUOTE]

I'd head to Umbria where the roads are excellent. See if you can connect up with the Moto Club of Terni.

·
Registered
849 Posts
:D:D:D

Sport Classics are more reliable and cause not so much stress
But beware: both are apt to have "spreading tanks":D

I don't think there is a recall on the wife's issue though. You can always upgrade...:abduct:

·
Registered
185 Posts
No spreading tanks here as we have less or no alcohol than stateside in our petrol.

Take a weekend out and head north to the Dolomites or Alps - or take a ferry to Corsica and of course south to Sicily.

You lucky man but don't park your in a vulnerable position, the bus drivers don't care and will knock a line of bikes just to squeeze through a gap.

Regards Nick

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
If you head towards Campobasso or the Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo, you will find nice roads in a beautiful countryside…

and the best food of the world!:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts