Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how tight your leathers are. I just bought a set of used leathers and they are really tight. I was just wondering how tight these things are supposed to fit. My buddy says they are supposed to fit very tight but I'm afraid these may be going back up for sale.. :(

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
Very tight.

A can´t walk upright in my leathers unless i open the zipper on them.

I´ve also found that leather shrink when hanging in storage during the winter. It must be that.. Every spring the leathers are real tight and they only get better once i stop eating and start riding.. very strange. :D

//amullo

·
Registered
424 Posts
If they are uncomfortable when you are riding, they are too tight.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
They definitely shouldn't be loose fitting. But on the other hand they shouldn't feel uncomfortable on the bike. How do they feel when you sit on the bike? And when you say too tight are you basing that on how tough it is to fit into them? If so then all leathers are tough to get into unless you have something like Under Armour.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
RickD said:
If they are uncomfortable when you are riding, they are too tight.
I agree with this.....I did a trackday with some leathers that I hadn't even tried on in nearly six months. Appearantly, I gained more weight than I thought I had. I could get the leathers on, but I couldn't move once I was on the bike. It wasn't until the fourth session that I could start moving around on the seat. It wasn't too bad, for the most part, because I hadn't ridden my 748 in that amount of time, either, and it took that long for me to feel comfortable with the bike, again.....I can't even get those leathers over my thighs, now. :(

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I bought a set of leathers that I can use for street riding, but cannot use them for track days. They are too tight for me to move freely around on the bike. I like to stick my knee down as a feeler guage on the track and cannot adduct (spread) my legs. If your leathers are for street use only, then just try them out and see how they feel. If too constricting, then you need some bigger ones.

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am small and I tried on a Vanson 1 piece in size 38. There was no way I could get into it. So I went with the size 40. The 40 is a little big, but I figure when I am sweaty it would be hard to get in and out of something samller. Also it allows for wearing stuff under in the winter.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Really, the best thing to do is just go custom from the start. It's not that much more than off the rack and you'll probably save money in the long run.

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts