Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a yellow leather Ducati jacket to go with my yellow bike but I don't want to pay big bucks for a jacket I will only wear on one bike. I found some on eBay for $150 plus $50 shipping made in Pakistan. They look pretty good does anyone have any experience with these jackets? What kind of quality are they? Here's a link to an example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/172754757383

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,209 Posts
Interesting. If you get it, you'll have to bring it to ECM next year so we can check it out. I'm in the market for leathers this year or next. They're not perforated so it's got to be hot in FL. :think:

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,309 Posts
Re. Leather jacket from Pakistan.

Got that leather jacket years ago on Ebay Eric. It's a reasonably decent quality jacket. Genuine leather,quilted inner lining throughout including the sleeves,heavy duty YKK zippers,embroidered Ducati logo badges,CE approved armor in the elbows and shoulders,stiff foam back protector pad,and two external zippable pockets.

The jacket originally came with the stiff high European style collar,which I hate. Yellow arrow in pic 1. So I took the jacket to the local leather works and had the seamstress remove the high collar and sew in a piece of soft White leather around the collar.

While she had the jacket I also had her sew my name on the back in Black leather letters and add a thick leather piece just behind the main zipper to keep the wind from blowing through it. Yellow arrow in pic 2.
LOL! Where ya been Max,posted this 3 days ago in the Apparel and Accessory Chat forum. :laugh:

As you would expect for the price you're paying the jacket isn't going to be the same type of quality as a top of the line Vanson or Dainese leather would be,however as I stated it is of reasonably decent quality.

The quilted lining is sewn into the jacket and not removable,and as Yorik stated the jacket isn't perforated either. Neither of which is a problem here in the Frozen Wastelands of the North as our normal summer riding temps are usually in the lower 70 to lower 80 degree Fahrenheit range. In Florida that non removable lining might be a problem though.

As for the rest of the jacket,the heavy duty YKK zippers and cuff snaps are rock solid,the leather is stiff yet supple enough to mold to your body and move with you,the jacket is athletic cut with plenty of room across the chest and shoulders for unrestricted movement,it has adjustable velcro belts on either side of the waist with enough room built into the bottom of the jacket to accommodate both thicker or thinner leather riding pants with a zipper sewn in to attach the pants to the jacket.

The seamstress I took the jacket to for the work I had done repaired leather riding suits for both professional and amateur riders alike. While she had the jacket I asked her to go over the stitching and make any changes that she felt necessary if there was a problem with the integrity of the jacket. She did so and said that while the stitching on the jacket was not top of the line triple stitched it was however of acceptable enough quality that she felt no modifications were necessary. She added that the jacket was definitely not to be used as a racing leather but was acceptable enough to be used as a street leather.

Keep in mind Max that my review is for the particular jacket that I have,the one in the link that you posted looks similar to it but it might not be made by the same manufacturer as I purchased mine quite a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
I can't believe the bling king would cheap out on something as important as a jacket to match him bike. I mean really? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He must've been smoking something other than a cigar when he came up with this question.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't believe the bling king would cheap out on something as important as a jacket to match him bike. I mean really? :)

Lol, well that's a fair question considering... The bike came with a jacket like this but is much too large for me (shocking I know). So I thought I would have it tailored to fit. Then I got the bright idea to check eBay for a used good quality jacket. I have plenty of good quality Dainese gear in black and red, didn't really need to spend that on a yellow jacket as I am still eying some other bling and I'm not sure how long I'll keep the yellow bike (also shocking to hear, I know). So I thought I'd throw the idea out to the Ducati forum crowd!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Stosh for the review, ironic that you just posted that!

·
Super Moderator
5,859 Posts

Yep, come up here, spend a weekend, we'll take a trip to Vanson Leathers in Fall River and you can have something custom tailored.:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, come up here, spend a weekend, we'll take a trip to Vanson Leathers in Fall River and you can have something custom tailored.:)

There's a guy here in Orlando that custom makes gear as well, I will have to investigate!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I would NEVER wear untested/unprooven SAFETY gear. You're risking you ass/skin after all.

I would also bet the leather and thread is inferior.

In an event of a crash what's the use of having a jacket that will disintegrate?

Buying cheap gear makes about as much sense as putting Shinko's on a Desmocedici. :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

Sorry to burst your bubble, the jacket looks nice. Have a look at the stiching.

Ex; While at Motoport getting my custom Suite, the owner of the shop showed me the thread they use for stitching the materials together. His was $30 a roll,,, what Dianese used was $2 a roll. Think there isn't a difference? This thread you can't break,, you will hurt your finger before that. I had the Klim Badland ProII,,, same crap stitching. I went down and it tore apart. The weak point was the materials and stitching.

If you need to buy cheap shoes, shirt,,, but never skim on your health; get the best you can afford.

Good luck.

Reactions: Maxmach and leonlc

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Pakistanis are excellent craftsmen(people), taylors, wife got some River Road kit, jacket, gloves, boots, very well made, buffalo hide, soft as a babies bum, good for casual riding, smart enough for the office. Maxpedition is also made in Pakistan, puts most military class equipment to shame.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,156 Posts
Pakistan... don't know what the tweeter would say >:)

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,156 Posts
I'd never support anyone who rapes goats.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
^

^^

Hey, some like to fug goat, some like to fug ass, and some like to fug mother. We are not to discriminate against others sexual preferences anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts