Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

Been for a long ride at the weekend and of course it rained. I was with a friend on a 1200RT . when we compared luggage contents the BMW was dry as a bone, mine was soaking. Hardly surprising actually as with my panniers you can see the contents through a gap of a few mm right at the top of the pannier by the handle assembly.

Does anyone have a solution? Its the 2011 model with the double latches.
I expect the Brits out there have encountered this quite a bit?!

thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 2010 panniers with the latches retro-fitted are 100% watertight. I've ridden in monsoon conditions and attacked them with a pressure-washer and they haven't let in a drop.

Maybe you need a new seal, or perhaps your latches need to be adjusted so the pannier lids fit tighter? (you can do this yourself with a hex key)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent - I'll bet that it needs adjusting as there is certainly a gap there (at the top). The handle assembly really doesn't seem to make any difference, all the closing power is in the 2 latches.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My 2010 panniers with the later installed latches are 100% watertight, it wasn't that before.

The latches closes the panniers on the outside, but the most power comes from the handle in the middle .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stop overloading the bag causing it to distort when you close it. I rode through multiple days of hard rain on a tour recently and iddnt' have any water issues.
Interestingly its BRAND NEW and hasn't been loaded at all. However, Milo and Duccer's suggestions were useful - the latches and centre handle needed adjusting to synch up the lid.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow. My bags were almost completely watertight even before the side latches were retrofitted. I never could tell if the few drops of water I'd occasionally find were because I'd opened the bags when wet (to check), allowing water to drip from the outside, or if they truly leaked.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Interestingly its BRAND NEW and hasn't been loaded at all. However, Milo and Duccer's suggestions were useful - the latches and centre handle needed adjusting to synch up the lid.
What did you have in each bag? Did it stick out at all so the lid was hit by the contents?

·
Vendor
158 Posts
Hi All, Just for fun lets see if I can revive an very old post ;-)
This is Richard from RKA a 35 year old luggage manufactuer
We only manufacture Hardcase liners for the 2015 and up Multistrada at this time,
but I would like to invite you to the "RKA Vendor" area AND the "Vendor Deal" areas.
Happy Valentines Day to all!

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's a shame you have quit making liners for the older Multistrada, Richardrka. I have a set of your bag liners for my 2012 and love 'em!

·
Vendor
158 Posts
Sorry but it's supply and demand, Last year we stopped manufacturing BMW K75, K100, K1100, R1100/1150 BMW's, Honda St1100, Honda PC, Honda GW, Kawy 14 Concours, Then there is some we never did, like the ST2 and ST4 for lack of interest.

For anyone that is interested I am sure we have a few sets for the 2018 GW and older AND ..... I am sure we ONE set of pre 2015 Strada liners!! If anyone would like these you will need to call the shop.

Richard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts