Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there boys,

I've noticed for a few months now, that the bottom of my oil casings, right where the oil-plug is located, are leaking. It appears the gasket for the two-halves of the casing is leaking just enough to cause a drip on the 3 allen-bolts that keep these casings (along with other bolts) in tact. I tightened them up but they still appread to be dripping, ever so very slowly. Enought to leave a drip on the floor.

What would this initially cause this, and is this a poss. warr. issue? My warr. expires by next month !

Sorry, no images, but if someone can offer a pic. of their own, I'll glady point it out.

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Get down to your dealer as soon as possible. At least get it reported as an issue while you are still under warranty. I got new cases for my Paul Smart because the rear of the case was porous enough to seep oil into the rear motor mount and past the seals where the bolt goes through the swingarm and engine cases.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey, see if your oil filter is snug enough.
+1 redbcgraygt
That happened to my bike a few weeks ago (right before tech inspection at the track!!)
Luckily, it turned out that the oil filter was a bit loose. Tightened it a bit and all was well after that.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sorry to hear about the oil issue bro.

Both DGJ and I had leaks with the layshaft (sp?) seal which is north of where your problem seems to be coming from. Regardless it sucked to come home and see the case covered in a thin film of oil, much like I suppose the sight of oil on your garage floor after a days ride.

I'd get into a shop ASAP and get a once over to get everything you can replaced under warranty.

Good luck dude.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delayed response.

I was able to ride over to a dealer over the weekend, and have an appt. setup to have the moto looked at.

For the record, I did in fact think it might have been a loose oil-filter, but even after a tightening, then a recent oil-change, the issue still resides, which eventually led me to the dealer.

While it's not bleedigin oil like a stuck pig, it should'nt be leaking at all. So I'll be dropping it at the dealer tomm. and I'm sure the issue will be resolved soon.

Thank as always for the insight, and some head-nods to DrD, and of course, LA-Duc & Aeolian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts