Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a bummer. The 999r gas tank is leaking at the rear seam. At the dealer for a hopeful repair via POR internal tank sealing. The leak was very very suttle and I confirmed had nothing to do with the fuel pump area or hoses. On the upside while the tank is off I am having the fuel pump replaced as well as the passthru wires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What a bummer. The 999r gas tank is leaking at the rear seam. At the dealer for a hopeful repair via POR internal tank sealing. The leak was very very suttle and I confirmed had nothing to do with the fuel pump area or hoses. On the upside while the tank is off I am having the fuel pump replaced as well as the passthru wires.
How many miles. I just bought a xerox and will want to keep my eyes peeled for that issue.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Wouldn’t do the por bit until you find out if it’s rust or a crack. No tank liner will work with bad prep and that means lots of work and ALL moisture heated from any seam and with lots of warm airflow. I see the results of poor prep and a liner every couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
On mine it was a crack on the seam. My mechanic found it ever so slightly weeping fuel when the tank came off for new paint. Only way to fix it he said was to vent the tank and weld, this we did. 999s @ 40,000kms.
The way it should be done:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts