Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a bummer. The 999r gas tank is leaking at the rear seam. At the dealer for a hopeful repair via POR internal tank sealing. The leak was very very suttle and I confirmed had nothing to do with the fuel pump area or hoses. On the upside while the tank is off I am having the fuel pump replaced as well as the passthru wires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a bummer. The 999r gas tank is leaking at the rear seam. At the dealer for a hopeful repair via POR internal tank sealing. The leak was very very suttle and I confirmed had nothing to do with the fuel pump area or hoses. On the upside while the tank is off I am having the fuel pump replaced as well as the passthru wires.
How many miles. I just bought a xerox and will want to keep my eyes peeled for that issue.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Wouldn’t do the por bit until you find out if it’s rust or a crack. No tank liner will work with bad prep and that means lots of work and ALL moisture heated from any seam and with lots of warm airflow. I see the results of poor prep and a liner every couple of weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.