Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been out of the loop for some time and I would like to know about the latest issues with this bike if someone would be kind enough to update me. It is a 2011. The clutch and rear brake have to be bled every few days other than that it seems to be okay.

Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have been out of the loop for some time and I would like to know about the latest issues with this bike if someone would be kind enough to update me. It is a 2011. The clutch and rear brake have to be bled every few days other than that it seems to be okay.

Thanks
You bleed your clutch every few days? :confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
During the colder months, I noticed I had air build up in my clutch line. I think sloppy clutches are partly to blame for, at least some, of the 'false neutrals' everyone complains about. I had far fewer after I got the slop out. I was needing to bleed the clutch about every 10-12 times out. Now that it's warmer much less problem. Plus, I did the 7500mile service and added the Rizoma Next reservoirs, fresh fluid of course helps. I'm suspicious of that whole Ducati hydraulic clutch getting the fluid all hot and dark, not the best design for sure.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Get yourself in to your dealer and ask about the latest slave cylinder, the one that comes with a new push rod that's pinned to stop it spinning, thus hopefully stoping the piston from spinning and letting air in.
Has any one tried one yet, any feed back?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is there more info on the new slave cylinder? (picture?)

Might be that my rear brake problems have a relation to this.

(would this mean that the new push rod will not extend automatically?)

Best

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts