Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just prepping for our trip to philip island for the 18th October GP.

New well nuts throughout, gloss black powder coated fasteners and the decals i had made in anthracite grey to match the others. My friend's black 999 will be sporting white ones i had made for him for the trip and forever!

Richard

Attachments

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
i like it, my second ducati was a yellow SS900 i.e.,
they can be very beautiful.
have a nice trip then, there are still some days left
though, aren't they ?

regards
Jan :)

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Days left - not many

Hey Muschi,

We leave on Monday, so only a few more sleeps!

We take the long way there through some amazing roads, to arrive Wednesday afternoon before the race, then food shopping and off to the pub! The rest is history - we should learn from our history, but unfortunately we have not, so will be doing all the "never again" things yet again.

Did you like the decals?

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
you do a nice roundtrip then, that sounds great. :)

we had a blast ride on the moto guzzis this weekend, i am about
to leave this camp to get me one and keep it 'til i am old. :)

the decals are nice, the whole bike looks quite good, i love yellow
Supersports.

have a great time then. :)

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
My first Duc was a '97 SS/SP in YELLOW! There will always be a place in my heart for a yellow Duc. Have a good ride.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Punch

Wish I were there again - it was great meeting you and your friends for WSBK back in Feb!!

Have a great ride and fun weekend! The bike is looking outstanding!!

Dan

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Philip Island

Hey Punch

Wish I were there again - it was great meeting you and your friends for WSBK back in Feb!!

Have a great ride and fun weekend! The bike is looking outstanding!!

Dan
Hey Dan, it was great to meet you as well. If you or anyone else is going to PI for races, send me a PM and we can catch up. If anyone is looking for accommodation, tell me really early and I will see if we can squeeze you into the house we rent for GP and WSBK races - October and End Feb next year.

Richard

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just prepping for our trip to philip island for the 18th October GP.

New well nuts throughout, gloss black powder coated fasteners and the decals i had made in anthracite grey to match the others. My friend's black 999 will be sporting white ones i had made for him for the trip and forever!

Richard
I just cant see how anyone can look at that bike and say the design is ugly?

I get it if you like the boxey volvo look of the ealier models, but this thing is beautiful.
love the rims.

when you gonna get that red paint upgrade?:rolleyes:

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rims - very easy

I just cant see how anyone can look at that bike and say the design is ugly?

I get it if you like the boxey volvo look of the ealier models, but this thing is beautiful.
love the rims.

when you gonna get that red paint upgrade?:rolleyes:
The only red on my bike is the tail light!

Rims were easy - pin stripe tape, patience and whisky - whisky for internal cleansing!

I have done some more mods since the pic - is there a home for ducaddict syndrome? Bought some really cheap carbon lookalike indicators that looked OK to fill in the front fairing holes where the indicators (turn signals) used to be. Too much black, so painted them Duc yellow and the sprayed the lens black. Looks much better, but bought another set so i can keep the major yellow bit to blend in, but install a yellow LED in each, yet retain the black lens, but with a small clear bit for the yellow to shine thru.

Yep - hopeless, ducaddict, etc. I only wish I started my addiction in my formative years!

Mmmm I think I will see if I can change my name to ducaddict.

Richard

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very nice. I've always admired your bike, even if it is yellow :D

I agree with you Gunzen, these bikes are lovely. However I also liked the old boxy Volvos you speak of.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Content at last!

Just posted this in the CF thread, but putting it here for "completeness" on my mods.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
it's a good idea with that yellow lettering, one has to see those
fairings in the flesh, to really understand how beautiful they are.

rock and roll. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts