Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say thanks to the community, have helped me a lot to find my way in modding the GT!

I want to share this with you because I'm as happy as a man could be at this moment!

Latest mods are:
- 5 spoke marchessini from an ST
- 4 pot brembo calipers
Great handling, have to reorder my riding, upgrade braking to the point I was missing with stokers)

And my special:
- laverda jota 5 pieces brevettato adjustable handlebar (ebay, original from a 30 year old bike)
bit lower & far than stock. it can be adjust in many ways from low as clip-ons to high as stock

And last, but most important. This weekend I had the honor of meeting Mr. Paul Smart, chat with him about bikes&races, and he singned my tank! He wrote his name & #16 and because we are 3 good friends with SC we had a 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 added.
This was in our anual Ducatisti Club meeting at the north of Spain.

He is not only very friendly, but still a pure biker, he rode for 300 km with us around twisty roads and have meals & bears for two days in a very nice mood.

And the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PVDcL5dO4

The meeting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTi...ucati/topic,58864.20/&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
98 Posts
congrats mate,to meet the inspiration behind the sport classic creation must of been a real head spin for you,well done and bike looks awesome.

vale

·
Registered
339 Posts
Your bike looks great and the experience with Mr.Smart must be unforgettable. I was in Madrid last month for my first visit. Wonderful city with very friendly and helpful people.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the nice comments

Your bike looks great and the experience with Mr.Smart must be unforgettable. I was in Madrid last month for my first visit. Wonderful city with very friendly and helpful people.
Just in case someone visit Madrid, remember we allways have a thursday 'desmocañas' that is 'desmobeers', so don't hesitate to contact me if you come around to meet our club and be welcome.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Nice bike! I especially like the bars.

So I have to know. What kind of bike does Mr. Paul Smart ride? Was he on a Paul Smart? Would he call it a Paul Smart, or just his bike?:think:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Alf,

Your bike really does look great! Laverda Jota bars- how fitting, and I like 'em!

Rode with Mr. Smart for 300km...that's something you'll never forget. What a memory...good for you!

You had a small fairing on your GT at one point, didn't you? I love the way these bikes 'morph' over time...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice bike! I especially like the bars.

So I have to know. What kind of bike does Mr. Paul Smart ride? Was he on a Paul Smart? Would he call it a Paul Smart, or just his bike?:think:
Good point backhome.

He told me at home he has a PS (just saying the letters...) and a Multistrada.
At the meeting he was ridding a multistrada carrying his daughter.

He told me he rode a GT for a week at IOM last year around the island with his wife and enjoyed it very much.

He rode through very twisty roads with us, some of them foggy and some wet , and man, he looks like 20 years younger!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alf,

Your bike really does look great! Laverda Jota bars- how fitting, and I like 'em!

Rode with Mr. Smart for 300km...that's something you'll never forget. What a memory...good for you!

You had a small fairing on your GT at one point, didn't you? I love the way these bikes 'morph' over time...
Thanks for the comments RossaGT!

You're right! before fitting the new handlbar I had a universal 1/4 fairing adapted to the GT. Liked very much.

But the bike with new wheels&brakes&handlebar was finished one friday by 4pm and I had to leave for a 800km weekend trip by 5pm, so I didn't have time to readjust the fairing

So I did the trip fairing-less and founded that I can cope with the wind and liked to 'expose' more the handlebar (you missed it someway with the fairing).

Have done 2.000km without fairing and think I'll stay like this for a while... if I don't go for a lemans I 1/4 fairing i have seen in an abandoned bike the other day.

some pics of it:

a lemans mark I between a SS and a GT:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hola guapo…

Desmocañas is a good idea… i had a lot of them in Formentera.

The LeMans fairing is difficult to mount because it is very narrow and looks a bit ridicolous on the "fat" sportclassics…

I thought of of mounting one but it needs so much modification that ruins the look…

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Desmocañas is a good idea… i had a lot of them in Formentera.

The LeMans fairing is difficult to mount because it is very narrow and looks a bit ridicolous on the "fat" sportclassics…

I thought of of mounting one but it needs so much modification that ruins the look…
gracias amigo! for the advice on the fairing. I'll still look arround for a while before making any decission.

formentera... nice beaches and deep blue water!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts