1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
So does that mean the Rear brake actually works?

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
So does that mean the Rear brake actually works?
No, of course it doesn't work. Did you not see it says "Ducati" on the side?

Ergo, it's not a problem; it's a feature.

:D :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
No, of course it doesn't work. Did you not see it says "Ducati" on the side?

Ergo, it's not a problem; it's a feature.

:D :D
I'm kind of newish to the world of actual ownership of a Ducati..
I've heard this joked about before with the sport classic on how you have to stand on it to get it to lock up. Are Ducs known for poor rear brake power?

Rob.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Funny I can lock up the rear wheel on both my sport classic and my hypermotard I thought
it was a Multistrada issue. I test rode the V4s and the brakes on it are the best of any bike
I have ever been on My hyper has great brakes but the V4s is a whole new level of braking
power.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Funny I can lock up the rear wheel on both my sport classic and my hypermotard I thought
it was a Multistrada issue. I test rode the V4s and the brakes on it are the best of any bike
I have ever been on My hyper has great brakes but the V4s is a whole new level of braking
power.
My S2R's rear brake is.. I can feel it, but it doesn't have a tremendous amount of incremental feel to it.

Useful for slow speed stability, but.. I've ridden some 250cc bikes with more stopping ability in the rear, and I wasn't sure if it's just a Ducati thing, or if I need to bleed my brakes, or both.

You hear it joked about a few times, and it becomes one of those things that gets you wondering where your expectations should be, etc..
The fronts are a very different story.. I can see some interesting events possible there :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts