Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I don't post here all that often, but need to start visiting this site more consistently!

Figured this recent acquisition was special enough to start a new thread.

Supermono #7 arrived today.

The Supermono has always been a dream of mine. Been looking for the right example for quite some time and finally landed on this example. She's a 1993 version that has been upgraded to factory 572cc spec with OEM parts and the factory twin outlet exhaust. Special thanks to Jeff Nash at AMS Ducati who did a full nut and bolt restoration and is the guru on these bikes having raced one for years and having the market on all of the OEM parts. It's truly a gem in amazing condition.

More proper pics to come with some of her stablemates at some point, but for now here she is!

Kevin

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mmmm nice, that bike is beautiful. Any plans to actually ride it or will it be a collector piece?

I could never afford one of those but I did at least get my hands on a KTM 690 supermoto for some powerful thumper goodness. Not exactly a collectors item, so I rode the piss out of that. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmmm nice, that bike is beautiful. Any plans to actually ride it or will it be a collector piece?

I could never afford one of those but I did at least get my hands on a KTM 690 supermoto for some powerful thumper goodness. Not exactly a collectors item, so I rode the piss out of that. :D
Absolutely! All of my bikes see time on road and/or track. This one will (hopefully) be no different. Plan to get it on track, but I doubt I'll be pushing hard. Just want the experience of riding it in its natural environment.

Nice on the KTM. Double nice on riding the piss out of it!!! :grin2:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Is that the model Ducati made only 67 of? Or was it 62?

Holy crap that would have made a SICK naked. Something like a single cylinder Monster or everwhat.

Swingin' arm looks like it's aluminum, but it has (what looks to be) steel swingarm dimensions and components at the axle-end of it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Okay, I'll be the resident jerk and ask whatcha paid for it.
?

Awesome bike! Wow! I saw one a while back for $150k. Would love to get my hands on this piece Ducati history! #dreams

·
Registered
414 Posts
Absolutely! All of my bikes see time on road and/or track. This one will (hopefully) be no different. Plan to get it on track, but I doubt I'll be pushing hard. Just want the experience of riding it in its natural environment.
Nice. These deserve at least a few laps around the track. I think the majority of supermonos get parked indoors and get a spotlight shining on them, and the most action they see is a microfiber dust rag once in a while.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Totally love it, Kev!! Awesome addition and I can't wait to see it.

Reactions: KMY

·
Registered
443 Posts
This is my favorite Ducati model just because how cool the idea, design and execution is. Designed for a singular purpose....to exude insane amounts of badassery and technical excellence.

Beautiful to look at as well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Amazing find!

Wow!

Congrats, that is one rare Duc!
Glad to read that you will be giving a bit of exercise on track >:)

Keep the rubber side down :wink2:

L8TR
Pete

Reactions: KMY

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is my favorite Ducati model just because how cool the idea, design and execution is. Designed for a singular purpose....to exude insane amounts of badassery and technical excellence.

Beautiful to look at as well.
Thanks man. It's really an interesting bike to throw a leg over. It's the thinnest bike I've ever been on. Especially the tank. It feels feather light too just moving it around in the garage.

But I'm with you. It's the aesthetics that really hooked me. The bike is gorgeous in the flesh and so unique looking. All the proportions are just right. Seeing the simplicity of the design and quality of the materials is cool too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts