Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hallo,

Does somebody know if larry pegram raced the AMA ‘94 championship with a ducati 888?
And if so maybe a picture of the bike.
Or where i could find info about it if he was.

Henk!!!

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I have one of the FBF 916/955 bikes from 1996. It is the only one that won any AMA races that year (with Alessandro Gramigni) and I believe that Eraldo's riders that year were Pegram, Higbee, Gramigni for four rounds, and Dr Dave Kiefer (on Gramigni's bike) for the final round. I don't think that Pegram raced in 1994 for Eraldo.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes,i saw that wikipedia page as well that he had only started in '96.
The reason that i ask this is because i know a 888 frame for sale that has the
'94 AMA inspection/ number on the frame.
The seller says that it was pegrams frame/bike.
But i don't find no info or picture off it.
Would be nice to find the history off it.

Henk!!!

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Larry didn't move to Superbike until the 888 was long gone. I remember when Eraldo signed him (late '95) because it was only a few months later that I met him at Buckeye Lake when a bunch of us went out for some ice bike fun (my first time). The guys I went with had known him for years (I was unaware of that or that he'd be there).

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
1994 AMA Team Fast By Ferracci would have been Troy Corser (title winner) and I think Pascal Picotte but I'm not 100% on Corser's team mate that year. 75% sure maybe......sean

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So definitely not a pegram frame.
Don’t think from a FBF bike either as it is not a racing frame, i think they would only use racing frames.
Would there be a way to find from who it was with the number on the AMA frame sticker?

Henk!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.