Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hallo,

Does somebody know if larry pegram raced the AMA ‘94 championship with a ducati 888?
And if so maybe a picture of the bike.
Or where i could find info about it if he was.

Henk!!!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,372 Posts
1994? The records I was able to dig up say he entered the AMA championship in 1996. And frankly, my memory isn't that good to remember something like this that long ago.

You can ask him. https://twitter.com/LarryPegram72 But he doesn't seem that active on it.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I have one of the FBF 916/955 bikes from 1996. It is the only one that won any AMA races that year (with Alessandro Gramigni) and I believe that Eraldo's riders that year were Pegram, Higbee, Gramigni for four rounds, and Dr Dave Kiefer (on Gramigni's bike) for the final round. I don't think that Pegram raced in 1994 for Eraldo.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes,i saw that wikipedia page as well that he had only started in '96.
The reason that i ask this is because i know a 888 frame for sale that has the
'94 AMA inspection/ number on the frame.
The seller says that it was pegrams frame/bike.
But i don't find no info or picture off it.
Would be nice to find the history off it.

Henk!!!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Larry didn't move to Superbike until the 888 was long gone. I remember when Eraldo signed him (late '95) because it was only a few months later that I met him at Buckeye Lake when a bunch of us went out for some ice bike fun (my first time). The guys I went with had known him for years (I was unaware of that or that he'd be there).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thank you for the answers.
So that frame is clearly not from pegram then.
Thanks.

Henk!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
1994 AMA Team Fast By Ferracci would have been Troy Corser (title winner) and I think Pascal Picotte but I'm not 100% on Corser's team mate that year. 75% sure maybe......sean

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So definitely not a pegram frame.
Don’t think from a FBF bike either as it is not a racing frame, i think they would only use racing frames.
Would there be a way to find from who it was with the number on the AMA frame sticker?

Henk!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts