Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put larger wheels and tires on their 848? I have an '08 and I am considering a deal on a used set of 17x6 and 17x3-1/2 Forged Aluminum Wheels. With the larger wheel and tire, has anyone experienced any issues. I mainly ride street and canyons, but will hit the track in the next year or so.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
147 Posts
make sure the hub size is the same on the rear wheel i kno that the 1098 an 1198 use a larger hub than the 848 so they might not fit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make sure the hub size is the same on the rear wheel i kno that the 1098 an 1198 use a larger hub than the 848 so they might not fit
These are coming off an 848, so everything should be cool. I checked the clearance as well and there were no issues. My concern is how will the bike handle.
Thanks for that thought though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
These are coming off an 848, so everything should be cool. I checked the clearance as well and there were no issues. My concern is how will the bike handle.
Thanks for that thought though.
Im guessing it will handle poorly in comparison.

A wider rear will generally slow down tip in.

Why do you want a wider tire??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the feedback

I really wasn't looking for the wide tire, this deal just presented itself. I would be getting a good deal! I liked the idea of the Forged Aluminum and the Gold wheels, so I thought I would kick it around a bit. I pretty much expected to hear that it would slow the tip in and make more work for me in the corner, I just needed confirmation. The weight savings is pretty much gained back with the wider wheel, so there is nothing accomplished there either. Oh well, I guess it's functionality over bling again.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
lighter wheels and a 190 tire that fits the rim.i'd say you do gain...lots

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I would research the properties of rotational dynamics before weighing the performance versus the cosmetics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts