Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen these carbon-fibre items offering ‘increased flow = increase performance’ for the 749-999 bikes?
Do they work? ie: increase performance (assuming you re-tune after installation)
If your airbox remains the same size/shape can just increasing the intake diameter have any worthwhile effect?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I have a set on my 999R. It seems to have better throttle response. I did not dyno before and after the install-- so I don't know what exact effect it had on HP. All of our customers were very happy with them. They are slightly larger and a lot straighter. They eliminate the water reservoir--and require you to install a remote reservoir.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I got 'em on my 749 and they are gorgeous! The intake noise is nice too. As far as power goes, hard to pinpoint how much the runner volume affects the output but my base 749 with Termi system outs out 108rwhp (Dynojet factor)

I paid about $300 from Yoyodyne; they were for Sebimoto race bodywork, but I cut 'em down to fit my stock bodywork.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx

Thanks for that guys-

Yeah I was wondering about that strange little bottle on the right side- an overflow?
& those resonators- helmotz?- to cut down induction noise I believe.

The testastretta engine is deceptively quiet- maybe a bit more engine noise would make a good ‘aural speedometer’

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Lost_In_Spice said:
Thanks for that guys-

Yeah I was wondering about that strange little bottle on the right side- an overflow?
& those resonators- helmotz?- to cut down induction noise I believe.

The testastretta engine is deceptively quiet- maybe a bit more engine noise would make a good ‘aural speedometer’
Overflow bottle provided by Motowheels ~$35

1 - 6 of 6 Posts