Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else getting large adds in the last few days? I can't even read the first few threads. Its possible I have some new unwanted pop-up software, but this oil add looks very embedded into the site.

I literally can't even see what the thread is called. Well where ever it came from I promise not to purchase that product for a year.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Yes !!!

WAYYYYY too much advertising on this site compared to others! Take a few seconds for them to go away before the forum you wish to enter comes up.
I know ads pay for sites but this is kinda overkill. :alien:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I'm using firefox, no popups
Is anyone else getting large adds in the last few days? I can't even read the first few threads. Its possible I have some new unwanted pop-up software, but this oil add looks very embedded into the site.

I literally can't even see what the thread is called. Well where ever it came from I promise not to purchase that product for a year.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts

·
A 748 Fanatic
3,155 Posts
Ads?

I donot get any ads either.

I think there was thread a while back telling people how to be excluded from those ads.

I wouldn't mind such ads if they where only motorcycles related.

But, all the other stuff can just go hang.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I've never minded the adds and I've purchased quite a bit of shit from the various vendors and have repeatedly good experiences. AND i am not talking about pop-ups, which I don't have an of those either.

I'm only asking about VERTICAL adds columning several inches, showing up in the last few days, that actually cover the thread titles, and don't move as you scroll down the page.

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
Well, I've never minded the adds and I've purchased quite a bit of shit from the various vendors and have repeatedly good experiences. AND i am not talking about pop-ups, which I don't have an of those either.

I'm only asking about VERTICAL adds columning several inches, showing up in the last few days, that actually cover the thread titles, and don't move as you scroll down the page.
FYI, you can turn all of that off with a premium membership. In fact I am using my cell phone right now with no app. It is cheap and well with it if you like the site.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I got the premium membership. Glad to get it and support whomever it supports. I didn't bother with google chrome because I have a mac and use Safari.

Of course none of you schmucks ever answered my question about the embedded non-moving vertical adds :)

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I agree there is too much advertising on this site. The left sidebar looks like it belongs in Las Vegas with all the blinking and moving. Thank Gawd the image roll-up ads are gone. Those were the worst.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts