Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
IIRC, those rubber double-ended stand-offs are about $8.00 from the dealer last time I bought some. I removed my cluster to replace a burned out bulb and one of the stand-offs was separated from the threaded portion.

BTW, don't reef on the mounting nuts when putting it all back. Over-torquing them will pull the threaded stud right out from the rubber body. Finger tight into the cluster; just snug on the mounting nuts.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Attached is a page out of the parts manual. Item of interest is Item 11 (Part Number 8000.56752).

It's kind of like two bolts stuck togeter with a molded piece of rubber between them. Think of it as a stud with a rubber body. You can kind of see this in the drawing.

There is no glue involved. What you're probably seeing is a previous attempt at a repair.

One end threads into the cluster; the other end goes thru holes in the headlight bucket and is secured with nuts.

I have had no luck trying to glue the metal threaded studs back onto the rubber body. YMMD.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts