Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
impressive :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
It is pretty impressive, but it would have been more appropriate to use either the base Gallardo or the 1098S.

I liked the stoppie in the one challenge, too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The one thing I am not convinced of is if the 1098 was actually holding up the Lambo. With safty as the top priority the Lambo could not risk passing the 1098 in the turns, but it did apear to be tight on his tail.
Cool vid either way.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They could have at least compared apples to apples! The highest end Lambo to the lowest end 1098? Yeah, because that's a fair comparison...why do they always do that?

·
Registered
208 Posts
This one is pretty entertaining as well, although it involves a Honda.

And he rambles here too. At least he admits he is an alien... I think he is a fool to be driving the thing without a helmet, though. It's kind of long, but worth watching to the end when they put a real driver behind it for their best lap challenge (not against the bike, just for time against other cars they have tested).

Overall, I'm just a bit jealous the guy gets to do that for a living. :rolleyes:

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
This one is pretty entertaining as well, although it involves a Honda.
A Honda?

The engine might be from a Honda, but Ariel has had a couple of different engines in the chassis over the years. Honda proved to be the most reliable.

The Atom is sick shit. I would get one in a heartbeat if I had the dough. It's probably the best track weapon on four wheels out there now.

They have a 500HP version too, the Atom 500. :)

If the clutch held together on the second vid, the guy would have won the world record for 0-60. (And the Atom's strength is in the twisties)

http://www.arielatom.com/specs/atom-500-v8

·
Registered
208 Posts
'sokay, need to get the post count up anyway. :)

Just curious, what do you 'vend'? Got a website? I'm a few Bart stations south of you.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
'sokay, need to get the post count up anyway. :)

Just curious, what do you 'vend'? Got a website? I'm a few Bart stations south of you.
I'm kind of the group leader for a Sport Classic Aluminum tank. The link is in my sig.

No website as of yet. Still trying to get the product to market first. :)

I see that Scott and a few others have already claimed the NorCal mantle for the Sacto area. We should get a group going that is just SF/Marin/Peninsula.

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
unbelieveable! Do they sell those things in the U.S.?
Yes they do. I was at Palomar Mt in SoCal about a month ago, and they had 2 of them there, among the bikes, screaming up the road.

Have never, ever, ever, seen anything on that Mt on 4 wheels move so fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts