Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to the race this weekend, and grandstand seating is available at turn 4 and turn 11 - any advice on which is better? Or is grandstand seating a waste of cash?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
my favorite spot is up the hill by the corkscrew... with a 50 foot walkaway.. you can then look down and watch from turn 10 to turn 5... turn and walk (or run) toward turn 8 and watch'em come down the screw...

or turn two is cool.. but the cork-screw is fun to watch... especially back in the side-car days...

·
Registered
79 Posts
my favorite spot is up the hill by the corkscrew... with a 50 foot walkaway.. you can then look down and watch from turn 10 to turn 5... turn and walk (or run) toward turn 8 and watch'em come down the screw...

or turn two is cool.. but the cork-screw is fun to watch... especially back in the side-car days...
Cork screw is THE spot, but waaay crowded on raceday, i watch at the cork screw during QP and above turn two for the race.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i would just go on the hill above turn two... you can you them com from the straight, through the hairpin, then you will see them at turn five and in the distance see them coming out the rainy curve.
That's what I do.

The corkscrew is nice, but that's the only part of the track you see.

With the hill south of the Andretti turn, you see about 50% of the track...

Here is the view (click to play video):

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Every year I walk around the track for practice and qualifying. I really like hanging out at the Corkscrew and turn 2 on those days. For race day I like turn 11 grandstand for many reasons. You see the start. You see the battle out of 11, and you get to see the bikes at almost full speed. Also there is a perfect view of the Jumbotron, pits, umbrella girls, and podium ............ Basically the main meat of the show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts