Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone headed to Laguna for the July 3-5 MotoGP? I just made an offer on some Premier Pit Row Suite #1 packages.

My tentative plans (I'll be on the Multistroodle)

Thursday: Ride the LOOOOOONG way and stay overnight in Pismo or SLO. Friday: Get up early and ride Highway 1 straight to the track. I'll check into my hotel Friday after the track closes.

Sunday: Leave Laguna after the GP race, jam back to Pismo or SLO on the 101 and stay overnight.
Monday: Get up early and ride the LOOOOOONG way back to LA.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Where are the majority of the Hyper riders staying for this event? Aloha Alex

PS: who is RIDING their bike up there? or is everyone trailering?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anyone headed to Laguna for the July 3-5 MotoGP? I just made an offer on some Premier Pit Row Suite #1 packages.

My tentative plans:

Thursday: Ride the LOOOOOONG way and stay overnight in Pismo or SLO. Friday: Get up early and ride Highway 1 straight to the track. I'll check into my hotel Friday after the track closes.

Sunday: Leave Laguna after the GP race, jam back to Pismo or SLO on the 101 and stay overnight.
Monday: Get up early and ride the LOOOOOONG way back to LA.
I'll be there

·
Administrator
12,440 Posts
I'll be there, in Suite #3

·
Registered
511 Posts
Riding up, starting on tuesday and arriving at Laguna on thursday late afternoon. Camping in the same spot for 20 years. Trailering up, sheesh...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Going up with the family early and doing the aquarium and stuff to make it fun for them then going solo on race day...
I walk all around the track all day... theres so many cool places/things/events too see at Laguna... but it would be great to meet up with you guys and do some bench racing and shit talking during the day. I truck up the 450 and ride in on that. Suite will be cool but you had better make the hike up to the cork screw just to check it out...

I've rode up there when I had a Multistrada and it was tiring, but I did there and back in two days and wasn't used to that long on a bike. But Mike's plan sound perfect. Pismo is an easy ride. I find it easiest to truck a bike up (listening to books on CD so the time flies) then ride the 450 in and out of the event.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll be riding up (from LA) on Friday and riding back on Monday. I would like to ride hwy1 from SLO and on. (Last year I did this on a Thursday and it was spectacular. Little traffic, no ticketing, fast pace on an awesome road)
I also did the long way through mountain roads from LA to SLO but did the whole trip from San Diego in 1 day.
As far as lodging I booked a Motel 6 on reservation rd right by the track, but I booked it about 6 mths ago.
I would definitely like to hook up with some people for the ride/trip.

·
Registered
625 Posts
i'll be riding up Thurs or Friday morning. Taking: 5-frazier park cerros noroeste-33-hwy 58-101-41-hwy 1 to Monterey. It's an awesome ride. Staying downtown at The Monterey Hotel. {recommended}

·
Registered
53 Posts
That looks like a great route. If you go on Friday I would like to join you.
(I have a new job and can only get Fri-Mon off.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never been on 58. Lookin' forward to it!
(Looks good on mapquest)

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where are the majority of the Hyper riders staying for this event? Aloha Alex

PS: who is RIDING their bike up there? or is everyone trailering?
I haven't decided on a motel/hotel yet. I stayed in Marina a few years ago and that wasn't bad. I'll be riding the Multstroodle and can't decide if I should go the 154 route or the 58 route.

Post your best route:D

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I haven't decided on a motel/hotel yet. I stayed in Marina a few years ago and that wasn't bad. I'll be riding the Multstroodle and can't decide if I should go the 154 route or the 58 route.

Post your best route:D
"shortest" :p

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
FWIW we rebooked last week to stay at the Clement on Cannery row. Room rates dropped from the $500 to the $200 range. Speculation is that people bailed when they canceled the 4th of July fireworks.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FWIW we rebooked last week to stay at the Clement on Cannery row. Room rates dropped from the $500 to the $200 range. Speculation is that people bailed when they canceled the 4th of July fireworks.
$200.00's????? Thats not the price if you try to make reservations on their website. Cheapest room rate for the weekend of July 3-5 was $449 for a room with 2 double beds.

·
Registered
625 Posts
i can definately recommend where i'd stayed for years, The Monterey Hotel. Great location and there website is showing under $200/night. Check moonstonehotels.com for info

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
We are going to be there from the 30th thru the 6th. Room rate $242 with a King. We joined their ambassadors club and they guaranteed us a free up grade. We have also stayed at the Plaza befroe and the Dolphin in Carmel when we bring the kids. This place is right on Cannery Row so I can stumble back to my room. We'll be in turn 4 paddock.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
We're staying at the Good Night Inn in Salinas. I booked it through Venere.com months ago. It's costing us $359 for 6 nights for a room with double beds. Can't beat the price and yes, I have seen this http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=36775.

We're trailering to Glendale and then riding up through Angeles Crest to Palmdale, through Frasier Park to 33, up 33 to Taft for the night. The next day we're going out 58 to 41 to Morro Bay for a seafood lunch, then up the PCH to Monterey.

My FIL is going with and he's riding a Monster 620 while I'll be on my KTM 690SM. It should be a good run.

Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts