Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just looking for some feedback from those that have been there and done it. Buddy and I are riding down to laguna from here about 2500kms each way. Gonna make it a 10 trip! We got a hotel booked in Monterey but we are not sure what package to get and what turn to watch the race from... 11 or 4?

Would like to do the 3 day pass, with a parade lap around it.

Any info and tips would by much appreciated!

FML I pad auto correct! By fix I mean tix! Lol

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey guys, just looking for some feedback from those that have been there and done it. Buddy and I are riding down to laguna from here about 2500kms each way. Gonna make it a 10 trip! We got a hotel booked in Monterey but we are not sure what package to get and what turn to watch the race from... 11 or 4?

Would like to do the 3 day pass, with a parade lap around it.

Any info and tips would by much appreciated!

FML I pad auto correct! By fix I mean tix! Lol
Three day pass great. Ducati Island parking is a blast. Grandstand across from pits was super but truely wondered about to watch rather than fixed site. Love Laguna. T:Dhe hill above corkscrew on the outside of the track looks awesome I think it is a camping area. The noise is deafening wear plugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've done both also and actually prefer to sit against the fence between turns 1 and 2. You can see a LOT more! Turn 11 is cool though because you can watch the action in the pits. I've sat in the T11 grandstands on a Fri for a practice session before heading for the hills. I still buy the package because the price is about the same or a few bucks cheaper than purchasing the 3 day ticket/pit pass/program separately.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on thx for the feedback. If I get the package deal with either t4 or t11 can I walk around the track or once you're in your seat you gotta stay there?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
you will definitely want to roam around, the corkscrew and Rainey corner are not to be missed but take in the whole track. sending you a PM too

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
One Down, 8 to Go
159 Posts
I like T4. We are usually there three days. Friday/Saturday there is plenty of opportunity to wander around. Since we are parked on Ducati Island (or parking) and generally enjoy some Ducati VIP hospitality, it kind of keeps things over on generally one side of the track. Lot's to do on the infield there and crossing the bridges around race time (or after) sucks. Of course, I am also with my now 9 year-old daughter so need to mange things other might to - finding the right stuffy, that sort of thing :).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn thanks again for the replies everyone... I jumped the gun and bought the 3 day pass for T11 along with a parking pass and the one lap around laguna.... My buddy will be on a s1000rr so I don't think we will get to take in the VIP stuff from ducati as he doesn't have one lol... but I'm sure it will be great... can't wait.

·
Registered
831 Posts
with the 3 day pass you can wander all over, top of the corkscrew , turn2,4, Rainey curve, 11, no bad spots at Laguna.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Free to roam about. You should catch at least one session, whether Motogp or AMA, from the Cork Screw.
+1. Watching those bikes drop into that corner blind, and having faith that it will go left then right is truly amazing. I have only bought general passes the last two years because Of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts