Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
does anybody know if the Lafranconi seamed silencers from the parallel twins are, with the exception of the Ducati Part Number, identical to those used on 860 GT/E/GTS ?
A seller tells me the external dimensions are the same but they have a different number.
The question is if the internal dimensions are modified to cater for this model. The correct 860 parts are 0755.84.103 and 107
Thanks
JAR

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'm guessing that they are the same, but the parallel twin has a smaller diameter pipe. If they were exactly the same then they would have the same part number. It may be that the PT does have the same diameter exhaust pipe, but the mounting brackets are different.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Duc, thanks for the feedback, are you saying you know the PT is smaller or you assume it is ? Still waiting for the absolute external dimensions from the seller but have also contacted someone selling a nicely restored GTL and asked if he can measure the header OD at the junction.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
No, I'm guessing that the PT has smaller diameter exhaust pipes, plus the part numbers are different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts