Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual at this time of the year, John is organizing "La Ducati Day" in Nor Cal (5 mns away from Alice's).
http://www.norcaldoc.com/LDD2009/
The Ducati Hypermotard Owners Club will have a tent that I will manage.
John is also looking for volonteers to help in various areas like managing the bikes at Lindemann engineering suspension setup, etc. Please contact John ASAP for more details.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Will there be VIP parking at the tent for club members?:D
yes, but with following two qualifiers:

1. it needs to be a hypertard you are parking in the DOC tent
  2. you need to volunteer to help out with either the suspension clinic, the auction area, or the parking area

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
yes, but with following two qualifiers:

1. it needs to be a hypertard you are parking in the DOC tent
  2. you need to volunteer to help out with either the suspension clinic, the auction area, or the parking area
I'm willing to help out Johnny. Howz about some job descriptions cause' you know I'm kinda lazy.:)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I'm willing to help out Johnny. Howz about some job descriptions cause' you know I'm kinda lazy.:)
ok ... let's see ...

suspension clinic duty is helping jim lindemann roll the bikes into his easy-up work area, perhaps help hold the bike up straight ... generally just be a third hand if jim needs help.

auction duty is making sure folks that want to bid on an item can find the proper bid sheet, and answer any questions folks might have on an item.

parking lot duty is to make sure folks don't try to park a non-monster in the monster challenge parking area ... and that folks don't knock over other bikes when parking (not that this has happened ... but we don't need a "first")

as you are self admitted lazy ... suggest you work the parking lot duty in afternoon ... the monsters will arrive @ about 12:30 ... and it will be pretty easy after that .. so you can snooze.

there ya have it .. pick yer poison :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I will be hobbling around, but I won't be much good for anything except showing off my scar to the umbrella girls and fashion models. I'll be collecting applications from those who want to be my Physical Therapist. My list of qualifications is very short, but it is firm (so to speak).

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I will be hobbling around, but I won't be much good for anything except showing off my scar to the umbrella girls and fashion models. I'll be collecting applications from those who want to be my Physical Therapist. My list of qualifications is very short, but it is firm (so to speak).
that's not what i heard :rolleyes:

looking forward to seeing you @ LDD.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All right Bill, I'll have a presidential seat for you in the shade of the tent with oxygen, marijuna and other forms of pain killers like French wine, I'll try to find French nurses too. If you expose your scare out, we might even raise money for some good cause :D

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All right Bill, I'll have a presidential seat for you in the shade of the tent with oxygen, marijuna and other forms of pain killers like French wine, I'll try to find French nurses too. If you expose your scare out, we might even raise money for some good cause :D
Here is a sample of nurses from La Ducati days 2 years ago...

PS: I'll bring my power generator to plug your electric grand pa chair which gets you back up standing without using a muscle, you can plug all of your other toys you might need for the nurses

·
Registered
862 Posts
I will volunteer to donate a sandwich to the nurse; I see there was no food offered to the eye candy last year.:D

I can help out with something. The suspension clinic would be cool, b ut I can help where needed.

I am hoping to bring in another hyper rider with me, but we will see if his girlfriend will allow him to roam.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I will volunteer to donate a sandwich to the nurse; I see there was no food offered to the eye candy last year.:D

I can help out with something. The suspension clinic would be cool, b ut I can help where needed.

I am hoping to bring in another hyper rider with me, but we will see if his girlfriend will allow him to roam.
grazie lelen - appreciate your volunteering. when you get to the event, come find me to see what is needed.

and your on your own with trying to feed the nurse ... any and all bodily harm incurred while trying to feed her, is your own fault :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Atta boy, Christian, I knew I could count on you...! I know you only have my best interests in mind.

Here is a sample of nurses from La Ducati days 2 years ago...

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Man, Ducati treats you Californians well! LA's got THIS going on all month, as well.
we treat ourselves well ...

nor cal ducati doc founded and has been hosting/presenting LDD since 2004 (well, in truth, i founded LDD back in 2004 with my first DOC ... mh900evoluzione owners club). DNA (and danny carson in particular) helps us a lot each year with providing LDD with event insurance, the same DJ as on ducati island, the ducati corse tent (for our concorso), tons of ducati branding banners, and bikes for the ducati garage challenge. we also enlist the help and sponsorship of a LOT of local and national ducati focused vendors ... and of course, i have a great team of directors and volunteers each year.

if you like what LDD offeres, get involved with your local DOC to get something like LDD going in your area ... and if you don't have a DOC close to you, start one by browsing here

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
So bent ill be missing this, still have yet to hang out with another hyper owner.

DAMN life sometimes.
Dude....weak......your woman needs to respect your authoritah:cool:
Just kidding, sorry you can't make it, but seriously man...........weak!:D

1 - 20 of 80 Posts